Which strike package awards add to your killstreak?

SOLVED

Call of Duty Ghosts Wii U

Which strike package awards add to your killstreak?

I've noticed something odd.....

If I get a Trinity Rocket and use it after I've died, for some reason, even if I get a triple kill with it, it doesn't add to my total kills needed for a new killstreak.

But on the other hand, the Helo Pilot does; getting to it and killing a few people earned me a Loki satellite, but nothing else seems to do so...

So I'm wondering; what else functions like the Helo Pilot, by adding kills to your killstreak meter?

Level 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Which strike package awards add to your killstreak?

in reply to smashbrolink
Solution
‎22-12-2013 10:40 PM

nintendont was pretty clear. any assault streaks add to the next streak, same as primary weapons, and once you die you start all over.

Level 29
10 REPLIES

in reply to smashbrolink

Assault killstreaks, they only add to your streak during the same life you earned them. Care package streaks never count.

Level 37
Highlighted

in reply to nintendon_t

except when you get a Loki in a care package (see the bug/glitch thread for more info)

Level 11

in reply to smashbrolink

Yeah, its called chaining, basically after you get an assault streak any kills you obtain with it count towards your next streak in your strike chain. However if you've already obtained the highest streak in your three rewards or if you die it doesn't count anymore. On a side note, how do you get triple kills with the trinity rocket? I'd like some advice because half the time the first two lock on rockets don't lock on and fly to the side and for the third rocket I'll have it on target and not move anything but it'll start sliding to one side and miss.

Level 7

in reply to AsianSensation9

So what about the Sentry Gun, then?
Does that add kills to my streak as long as it kills some people while I'm still on that same life? Or does it have to kill a certain number of people before it adds a point to my streak counter?

As for getting triple kills with the TR, it's AAAALLLLL luck. You need a tightly packed group, then just send all three rockets blazing into the pack. No amount of Blast Shield and Riot Shield equipment will let them survive such a thing.

Level 3

in reply to smashbrolink
Solution
‎22-12-2013 10:40 PM

nintendont was pretty clear. any assault streaks add to the next streak, same as primary weapons, and once you die you start all over.

Level 29

in reply to BobbyMcGee

Works for me. One last question; do your kill streaks count towards the 25 kills needed for a KEM Strike?

Level 3

in reply to smashbrolink

Yes they do, KEM strike is a twenty five pointstreak which means anything counts toward it. K.E.M. Strike - The Call of Duty Wiki - Black Ops II, Ghosts, and more!

Level 7

in reply to AsianSensation9

No they don't. It has to be strictly gun/equipment kills. Objective play/killstreaks don't count towards it.'

Level 7

in reply to smashbrolink

fissure is correct.

Level 29

Studios