Why Am I Losing All 50/50 Encounters

Call of Duty Ghosts Wii U

Why Am I Losing All 50/50 Encounters

I am not all that of a great player, but I have been playing CoD since WaW came out, so I have some skill.  I use the Wii Remote.  It seems that I lose 9/10 run up encounters.  That is, encounters where each player basically appears to confront one another at the same time.  I know there are lag issues and the like, but wouldn't it make sense that things would even out for me anyway.  That is, I would get lag advantage half the time, thus I would not be losing 9/10 50/50 encounters.  This was never an issue with WaW.  It was an issue with BOII, and now Ghosts.  I have fiddled with the control settings plenty. 

Level 2
48 REPLIES

Re: Why Am I Losing All 50/50 Encounters

in reply to dirdir

Welcome to the Wiiu/Bo2/Ghosts..

Level 21

in reply to dirdir

I would blame lag combined with DA aim-assist in most cases.

Fast movement speed and weapons with a quick time-to-kill are your best friend. MSBS combined with focus and quick-draw is probably the best combination in the game. Be aggressive; don't let them turn the corner first because they will see you and fire on you on their end before you see them.

It's all kind of a crap situation to be in. Hopefully the player count will go up after Christmas and we'll have less latency issues. The game can be kind of painful to play as it sits.

Level 5

in reply to The_Tickler1

The_Tickler wrote:

I would blame lag combined with DA aim-assist in most cases.

lol yeah it's everybody's fault except your own. Easier to blame everyone else for your performance instead of looking at what you're doing wrong and trying to improve, right?

Level 37
Highlighted

in reply to nintendon_t

this /\.

Level 29

in reply to nintendon_t

Watch your killcams. If you even see the guy, your player is firing 30 yards over your opponents shoulder. The latency in this game is ridiculous.

Level 5

in reply to The_Tickler1

Killcams are inaccurate as hell. They're just there for entertainment purposes, not for an indepth examination of why you died.

Level 37

in reply to nintendon_t

...and the reason they are inaccurate as hell is because of lag.

If it takes Player A 3/10th's of a second to get information to the host and it takes the host 2/10th's of a second to get information to Player B then either player can get a half second advantage on the other when turning a corner. But you knew all this.

Lag is the most frustrating of problems right now and creates an environment where many gun fights seem unwinnable when you don't have the advantage.

Level 5

in reply to The_Tickler1

no killcams are mostly inaccurate due to wiimote and its camera angles, and i was mostly responding to your da hate/crying.

Level 29

in reply to BobbyMcGee

I have no grievance against dual analog. Lag is a significant problem, no amout of being good at the game will make up for it in all cases. I don't know what else I can say.

If lag did not exist the killcams would line up nearly perfectly and there would be no situation where you'd be pumping bullets into someone else waiting patiently to either hear your bullets respond with hits or die instantaneously

Level 5

Studios