Why Am I Losing All 50/50 Encounters

Call of Duty Ghosts Wii U

Re: Why Am I Losing All 50/50 Encounters

in reply to dirdir

My stats are similar to my BO2 stats. Except, rather than a 2.6 K/D, like i did in BO2,  I have a 2.2-2.3 K.D. You REALLY need to slow down in Ghosts. You run around like a headless chicken you'll be chopped to pieces.  Before I even hopped on multiplayer, I played Squads for a hour in every map to get used to them. It really helped me transition to this game.  Gunfights where I usually shoot first I win, unless my aim goes awry. Try using a different controller scheme i.e Gamepad/Pro Controller. Or just slow down, stick to a area (like a building, not a corner) and play really defensive, but not so much as to seem campy. If that doesn't seem to work, check your connection.

Level 14
Highlighted

in reply to BlackMetroid95

This is what I hate about the game. I'm forced to slow down where I could run around and have fun but could still keep a 4.6 K/D where in Ghosts I only have a 2.6 K/D. Not that I care about K/D in the first place but the game is just so frustrating if I try to have "fun"

Level 7

in reply to Spacious_Fissur

I always played slow but I am not a camper. I run around and circle the map, never going into the middle, picking people of till someone manages to kill me. So I was pretty much right at home in Ghosts. But yeah, I've played with against you in Ground War, and you're a darn aggressive player..i understand why you don't like this game. This game punishes that kind of rusher severly...

Level 14

in reply to Spacious_Fissur

Ditto. I like to run and gun...slowing down is way outside my comfort zone. Granted there are 2, maybe 3, maps that you can run/gun, but still. I don't mind slowing down a bit, but this is too slow and on Hardcore, you run 2 feet in any direction and there's a scared little camper waiting for you.

Level 23

in reply to dirdir

I don't think this is a skill or strategy issue.  I do fine in non-50/50 scenarios.  

Level 2

in reply to dirdir

Do remember, that the information of you hitting the target has to travel to the host.  If, hypothetically, you and the enemy player fire at each other at the exact same time, the one who will get the kill will be the one who's information got to the host first.  Im not saying this is whats happening to you, but it could be.

Level 10

in reply to dirdir

It's lag more than you not having enough skill as others say. There is also that knife mechanic that will spin people 180 degrees to stab you (hope they fix that). There are times where I will run into someone and they are 5 feet passed me with their gun in the complete opposite direction and I die somehow. On their screen, I was probably sitting 2 feet in front of them with my thumb up my arse. There are times like last night when it would be a clear view and bullets appear, but no enemy. A split second after I die, blip! Then they appear. There was no hill or obstruction. Happens around corners...where their bullets seem to curve around corners and appear before they do. There are times where I will see a guy, ADS and fire but they somehow turned around and ADS'd a LMG to shoot me. Um...that's technically impossible.

All of that is lag. They are simply seeing you on their screen a half second before you see them. It's the main reason why people don't play or stop playing this game. Many like to pretend lag doesn't exist. It rationalizes how good they are doing ("I've got skills and I learned the game so I'm better than you - you just suck. Lag doesn't exist/give you a disadvantage."). But there's enough anecdotal evidence to counter that. Hopefully, dedicated servers will help this.

Level 23

in reply to M4GNUM

I would like to see latency in the 100 to 200ms range (this would be unexceptable to many PC FPSers, who would prefer closer to 60ms). What we're experiencing now is closer to 500 to 600ms (over one half second).

You eventually get the impression that nothing you're seeing is real-time.

Level 5

in reply to The_Tickler1

that would put everyone at one red bar connection so i very much doubt your comments. how are you testing in-game ping anyhow?

Level 29

in reply to BobbyMcGee

By feel. When you fire a bullet at someone and then have to wait to here the hit sound. When you "rubberband" (duck behind cover and then get sucked back out for the killcam). It's not a science. It will likely get better. BO2 got better.

Level 5

Studios