Why so laggy?

Call of Duty Ghosts Wii U

Why so laggy?

Anyone else getting more lag lately?  Or is it just me and bad luck with the matchmaking? The last 3 days have been horrible.  Reminds me of when the game came out where half my matches lagged like hell and half didn't.  It's probably just foreigners in the lobby.  Not everyone has a mic so I can't tell, but I did get a few Frenchies tonight and that really dragged down the fun factor.  Had to struggle just to break a 2.0KD against negative KD players.  Not fun.

Level 33
30 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: Why so laggy?

in reply to like2nap03

Actually a more accurate statement would be it's been that way for about a week.  I was trying to let it slide, but I finally had to rant about it and see if anyone else is experiencing this. 

Level 33

in reply to like2nap03

I've had a terrible week, but you'd expect me to say that, but it got worse lastnight, then I noticed its Double XP. Great, I help feed everyones stats weekend again..

Level 21

in reply to like2nap03

Well. I played a few games with you. Eh. Not too bad, not too great.

Level 18

in reply to like2nap03

I've just posted a similar thread, Im finding the gaming so up and down at the moment been like it for about a week.. one minute your ontop and having a good run then the next game its role reversal... Im being shot before my gun is even up... especially when you have ready up.. ....

I lasted an hour last night before I put watchdog back in... Its gets frustrating when you know your not that bad, and these guys are jumping around and you can't see them till they shoot you... then in another game your jumping around shooting the same people and they are moaning like hell.. just no consistancy...

Level 1

in reply to like2nap03

If you hate the lag buy Mario Kart 8, it has dedicated servers, 0 lag

Level 6

in reply to LucaPac

except dedi's provide nothing more than a stable host, they have no real effect on lag or other players sh!tty wifi internet

Level 29

in reply to BobbyMcGee

The way the networking works in Mario Kart is different to Call of Duty.  While it won't fix other peoples crappy internet, it will stop their crappy internet having a direct affect on your connection.  If they have diddled their connection or have really bad ping then the only person they are screwing is themselves.  All other racers (to them) will be teleporting.  To other racers it will be that person teleporting.  Pretty much makes the game unplayable for that person when 11 other players are warping around, items are appearing out of nowhere, etc.  It will occasionally cause a bit of a problem for other people, but nowhere near as bad as it does in (recent) Call of Duty games.

The only time this will be a problem is during private matches where the player hosts the room.

With Mario Kart the better your connection the better your experience...as it should be.

Level 10

in reply to bughunt

i just figured that it would still make them a pain to hit with shells etc, i still haven't got the game.

Level 29

in reply to BobbyMcGee

It can make it a bit of a pain at times, but it is many many times worse for them.  I remember playing the MKWii when everybody decided to share and watch youtube videos.  I could still race fine and not have a problem except for my items being wiped out by invisible people, getting bumped and bashed out of the blue by other players teleporting into my raceline, being destroyed by items out of nowhere and having bananas magically appear before me lol  It was utter hell and I had to stop racing after the race ended.

Dealing with a random racer on dialup isn't that bad once you adjust.  You can be damn sure that they won't be getting "god mode" type assistance, though

Level 10

Studios