Wii Remote Aim assist Removed....Thoughtful solution(Sarcasm)

Call of Duty Ghosts Wii U

Wii Remote Aim assist Removed....Thoughtful solution(Sarcasm)

I got so excited to see a update fixing all these game ruining bugs. But as I was reading the list of bugs fixed on the list, I couldn't help but notice Wii remote AIM ASSIST DISABLED. This is a huge disappointment for me as a wii remote veteran, and to all the people in the community who are competitive wii remote users. How is removing a fundamental setting in the game a solution to an "exploit" in the community. I am completely confused as to what the aim assist exploit is. The aim assist is identical to black ops 2 so I don't see where there is an exploit. But I know that putting wii remote players at a disadvantage is not a logical reasonable solution. I just don't see how an exploit in the game couldn't be fixed considering that in the past there has never been an issue with wii remote aim assist. Removing settings is a careless lazy effortless selfish way to cover up a defect in the game. Its just unfortunate that Call of duty ghosts didn't turn out to be the game I was expecting it to be. Already had to deal with game ruining bugs in the game from framerate lagg, server lagg and game freezes, and now I have to deal with being put at a disadvantage against other players. It wouldn't be so bad if aim assist was removed across the board for Dual Analog and Wii remotes but instead one is singled out. I will more than likely trade in this game if this problem remains unresolved and just keeping playing black ops 2.     

Level 1
6 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: Wii Remote Aim assist Removed....Thoughtful solution(Sarcasm)

in reply to bigdaddy0964

Makes a post complaining about aim assist being removed and doesn't even know why it was removed....

Level 33

in reply to like2nap03

Your an idiot. Post something constructive or keep your mouth closed. Aim assist was taken out because of people like you complaining about wiimoters. If you don't like wii remotes go play xbox360, xbox one, ps3, ps4 or pc. You have all those other options to choose from but you'd rather play Wii U and complain about the original nintendo cod controller. Removing Aim assist would have been a great move if it was done across the board. You can't leave either side unbalanced. Every mid to long range combat you have to perfectly center your cursor while they just lock on and kill you in .7 seconds, not a fun experience to say the least.

Level 1

in reply to bigdaddy0964

You have a point to a small degree, but in all fairness, whats the big deal about wiimote AA? You don't need it, and with this game, DA doesn't just lock on. My son uses da because he's been playing xbox for two years, he snipes and he doesn't lock on to anything. This isn't bo2, this AA debate between controllers has to end..

Level 21

in reply to bigdaddy0964

Little do you know Like2nap03 uses wii remote and obviously does not hate wii remote.

He was just stating that you didn't know the actual reason it was taken out. You should read up on why it was taken out.

As Pauly said wii remote doesn't need AA. DA doesn't have the same free aim precision that DA does. Most the wii remoters here don't even use AA when playing.

Level 7

in reply to bigdaddy0964

Got to agree with bigdaddy to a degree, wiimote doesnt need aa at close/mid range, (not sure it even made a difference) but there has to be some equivalent to counter da aa at range and quickscopers.  I've seen some shots already that would be highly improbable due the speed and accuracy with wiimote, or opponents admitting they didnt even see the target, just firing in the general direction.  Not saying its easy balancing the controls for 3arc, but they always seem to balance things in favour of da, and this seems another 2 fingers to wiimote users.

Level 1

in reply to bigdaddy0964

Too many threads on this already.  Locking the more hostile ones.

Studios