Call of Duty Ghosts Wii U

Wii U should not recieve Advanced Warfare

Simply

We don't deserve it.

Level 6
92 REPLIES

Re: Wii U should not recieve Advanced Warfare

in reply to Blogi

Do a favor for the community and remove the internet.

Level 1

in reply to Blogi

What exactly do you do - or need to do - to "deserve" a video game?

Level 1

in reply to Blogi

Yes we do need if you don't want it the get off this fourm

SnowydayUK
Level 14

in reply to Snowyday

You don't 'need' it because majority of WiiU owners don't even buy Call of duty. The Wiiu has an install base of 6.17 million compared to 4.3 million for Xbox One and XB1 can pull over 20,000 more players than wiiu. The case is, the majority that do buy COD on wiiu 'want' it hence believing the community 'needs' it. Also COD don't sell nintendo consoles and never has, so another reason to as why its not needed.

Level 13

in reply to FaclonPower98

We need 3rd party games on Wii U and there are Wii U players and more Wii Us get sold more people might get Call Of Duty

SnowydayUK
Level 14

in reply to Snowyday

What for when few people buy them.

Exactly 'MIGHT' get call of duty.

Level 13

in reply to FaclonPower98

Here is a thought experiment:

Lets say that Sony and Microsoft both have the same version of CoD with the same kinda perks.  The only deciding factor between the two is which platform you personally prefer.

Now, lets not announce anything for the console from Microsoft.  We will announce it for Sonys console but wait in order to "build tension" and only have preorders open for Sony gamers.  Next, we will use the low sales brought around from holding back any and all details for Microsofts console to say that we won't be able to bring any additional content (DLC).  As with the lack of announcements and marketing, this is another factor that will lead to poor sales.  Now, lets drop support early.

Which console will have the bigger player base?

---------

The Wii U does not "need" the game and it certainly does not "want" another gimped and buggy CoD release.  What it DOES need is equal support if and when the game does release.

Level 10

in reply to bughunt

Although I'm not buying it, I'll stand by this: The Wii U could use it, even if just to show that "Wii U has the same games on it too!". In doing so, it at least helps to create a future solid library of third party games.

Level 12

in reply to barolb

You're right by that.  I should really amend my previous post to make it clearer that I was referring to Wii U players and not the actually system itself.

While Nintendo can do fine with their 1st party titles alone, it is paramount that they nurture a healthy 3rd party library of games.  Call of Duty has positioned itself nicely as being one of those games that you buy along with your other selection of games.  While some are now backing away due to not liking the general direction or the problems faced with each iteration, it is still one of those titles that need to be present.

If they were to provide the same support and announcements as the other platforms then CoD on the Wii U would sell much better.  More people would pre-order, player count would grow (could even help push the sale of Wii Us if fuller support is demonstrated), this would lead to more content being released in the form of DLC (further leading to sales), etc, etc.  The biggest deciding factor for a console would be platform exclusives and personal preference - it wouldn't stop people double-dipping and owing more than one platform, however.

Anyway, like yourself, I can't see me buying Advanced Wars.  It looks like they are emulating too many other games now and I'm not that big into the whole futuristic war shooter.  I crave more of the modern/older war shooters.  I also crave a more bug-less shooter with online networking that, you know, works fairly for all (like it used to).

Who knows.  Maybe Advanced Wars will make its way to the Wii U and have excellent netcode that makes the online gaming awesome again.  I almost bought Cod: Ghosts.  Almost.

Level 10

Studios