Wii Wifi getting turned off May 20th

Call of Duty Ghosts Wii U

Highlighted

Re: Wii Wifi getting turned off May 20th

in reply to LucaPac

LucaPac wrote:

@

like2nap03 ha scritto:

I hope it gets people to upgrade.  I don't know why they wouldn't want to anyway.

Maybe because they (unfortunately) can have all the games they want 4 free

Oh yeah...hackers playing games for free.  Heck that's probably a big part of why they did it.  Online on Wii is just a hacked mess anyway.  Ruined a lot of games.

Level 33

in reply to like2nap03

Unfortunately hackers are coming to Wii U too

I hope that Nintendo will ban all the hacked console

Level 6

in reply to like2nap03

Me two, this is a risky strategy but if it goes according to their plan, they will get more sales on the Wii U (And hopefully, more people in our CoD player base)

Level 13

in reply to uscoastgaurd

This doesn't apply to third party games because servers are hosted by them. Games that Nintendo runs like Mario Kart Wii, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Etc. Will be affected. If the third party companies want to go along with this to push people on those games into the next generation then they can do it to. I believe that this also effects DS games too. Nintendo is taking a really big, big risk to push there customers to the Wii's predecessor (They might even do a trade your Wii towards a Wii U plan with this in the future). However, the worst case scenario for ol' Nintendo is those Wii owners go to the dark side (PS4, Xbox One) (JK, they aren't evil). If this tactic works (Which chances are, it might help a little, but not much) the Wii U might actually sell.

Level 13

in reply to GamebroCrazy

wiiu will do just fine once mk8, smash, bayonetta and other must-have exclusives come out, im certain.

Level 29

in reply to BobbyMcGee

Yes, they have to do this. The other next gen consoles had outsold the Wii U fast! This is a do or die choice.

Level 13

in reply to GamebroCrazy

I was wrong in my previous statement. I posted the whole list of titles affected. This does affect all titles on the Wii & DS (+ DSi) including All CoDs!

Level 13

in reply to uscoastgaurd

This MUST explain why they ended the Pokemon Global Link for Black, White, Black 2, & White 2 a while ago. Apparently they had this planned a while ago. I should of seen this coming.

R.I.P

Nintendo WiFi Connection Service

Level 13

in reply to uscoastgaurd

Service Discontinuation Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection Service | Services Update | Nintendo Support

This is the full list. All CoD titles on the Wii & DS will be affected by this...

Level 13

in reply to GamebroCrazy

didnt u forget that the wii side on the wii u has online too so u can still play past cod titles

Level 7

Studios