Wii Wifi getting turned off May 20th

Call of Duty Ghosts Wii U

Re: Wii Wifi getting turned off May 20th

in reply to like2nap03

like2nap03 wrote:

Regardless I think the wii remote is awesome now, but yeah, in BLOPS 2 it's kinda wonky.

...except how you can't use some/most of the scope attachments, they still have some work to do with sniping, natural sway (your hand) + weapon sway/recoil = tough (double pendulum effect) and helo scout is almost impossible.

I do think they've made great strides in the Wiimote on the Wii U. BO2 was ridiculously bad. It was glorious on the Wii. And I guarantee you it has to do with frame rates. Have they had to adjust anything in regards to frame rates with the other consoles or have they always been "x" fps? Probably new to them and cause a lot of code rewrites.

Level 23

in reply to like2nap03

like2nap03 wrote:

WiimotesRus02 wrote:

There might be different programming between the two consoles, but they still got them seriously messed up. They may have made it slightly better in a patch, but it was still way off. Until a few weeks ago when I thought I'd try BO2 again with my faster internet, I had completely forgotten about the thing where when you turn my gun would suddenly point up to the sky, and trying to bring it back down just felt like I had been hit with a stun grenade. If an enemy is near you when that happens you're most certainly going to die. I played MW3 last week and its a completely different thing, there was some lag, yes, but the controller made it so I could go 19-6 in my first game, and it just got better after that, the precision is amazing. For some reason on the WiiU they have added insane recoil as well as having inferior coding, as this feature alone is not cross platform, Treyarch could at least reduce the recoil, but for some reason they won't, or can't, which is annoying to say the least. Having a controller that worked as it should was a way I could deal with lag, but having this insane lag with added gun sway and recoil makes it very hard to get kills, especially in core mode..

I really think it's the framer ates.  I don't know.  In BLOPS 2 it felt like the rewrote the code for it almost.  Then they left off a setting that made everything wacked.  Once added back in, I think it was similar to MW3, BUT it didn't feel like it due to the difference in frame rate.  It's almost like the controls were still set to run at 30FPS instead of 60FPS.  I did several tests and it seemed like the wii remote went where I wanted it to, but it felt weird because there were missing frames in the animation.  This made it seem as though the cursor was jumping around.  It got better after the patches, but that was just the sensitivity.  The turning speeds were still too slow which didn't get fixed until this game.  I think that too may have been frame rate related.  Regardless I think the wii remote is awesome now, but yeah, in BLOPS 2 it's kinda wonky.

What ever it is, they could at least reduce the recoil. And I remember in MW3, when the game first came out, you put the gun  in ADS, the sights swayed all over the place, it does it in this game too, but they fixed it in MW3, why can't/won't they do it in this game? In HC when it comes down to split second precision you'll lose a gun fight unless the other player is also using a wiimote then its even chance. But the recoil makes long distance shots very hard, even in HC, long distance shots aren't 1 or 2 shot kills when using certain guns. And I also can't agree with the wiimote being awesome, not yet..

Level 21
Highlighted

in reply to uscoastgaurd

I Think its to get people to move to Wii U aswell I hope it works

SnowydayUK
Level 14

in reply to uscoastgaurd

Which is why I will never buy anything from Nintendo.

Level 6

in reply to Ascension-Xx

Why? Because of this? A lot of companies do this too you know... Not just Nintendo...

Level 13

in reply to GamebroCrazy

Their products are just poor in general. Only good thing from the was Pokémon.

Level 6

in reply to Ascension-Xx

Okay, I understand. But what does that have anything to do with them shutting Nintendo WiFi off and you not wanting to buy their products because you believe they are poorly made? Just curious

Level 13

in reply to Ascension-Xx

Mario Kart Wii - Super Mario Wiki, the Mario encyclopedia

these games have been fully supported for years and years, 6 in the case of mariokart. nothing is forever, onto the new!

Level 29

in reply to uscoastgaurd

uscoastgaurd wrote:

Sadly, Nintendo is slamming the hammer on the Wii. That means we won't be able to play the Wii CoDs (WaW, MWR, Mw2, BO1, MW3) online anymore. I have had the best memories playing Black Ops 1 and Modern Warfare 3 on the Wii. I'm really going to miss those terrible graphics and hackers.

On the bright side, do you guys think that this will get us more players on Ghosts and Black ops 2?

R.I.P Wii CoDs

It is quite sad but I enjoyed them while they lasted. I think I'll play BO1 and MW3 a few more times for old time sake.

But I think, imo anyway, most of those players that still play them regularly will move to Xbone/PS4 like most of them moved to 360/PS3 during the MW3 era.

I got a text message the other day from a friend on my list from another clan that a large group of them are leaving the WiiU for the PS4 and battlefield. It just makes sense to move to something better supported, so I don't hold out too much hope for the numbers rising for the U. But that's just my opinion, obviously not fact..

Level 21

in reply to WiimotesRus02

They probably want to hack on there instead LOL

Level 13

Studios