Wii/wiiu sales numbers that should make us happy with cod on wiiu in the first place

Call of Duty Ghosts Wii U

Wii/wiiu sales numbers that should make us happy with cod on wiiu in the first place

We should be happy to have cod on the wii/wiiu (with wiimote support) in the first place considering the decreasing sales numbers on wii/wiiu:

Source:

www.vgchartz.com

@ 5 oct 2013

total units sold

1 m = 1,000,000

wii cod32.19 m
wii waw1.87 m
wii mwr1.48 m
wii bo1.28 m
wii mw30.66 m
wiiu bo20.20 m

Currently online people on the wiiu cod: around 1000-2000 so between 0.5% and 1% of the total 200,000 units sold.

Numbers of all cods & platforms:

Source:

www.vgchartz.com

@ 5 oct 2013

total units sold

1 m = 1,000,000

xbox waw

ps3  waw

wii  waw

6.98m

5.04m

1.87m

xbox mw2

ps3  mw2

wii  mwr

13.09m

10.21m

1.48m

xbox bo

ps3  bo

pc   bo

wii  bo

14.03m

12.04m

1.47m

1.28m

xbox mw3

ps3  mw3

pc   mw3

wii  mw3

15.03m

12.88m

1.58m

0.66m

xbox bo2

ps3  bo2

pc   bo2

wiiu bo2

12.77m

10.79m

0.98m

0.20m

Based on these numbers one might even understand why full support and DLC is not present on the wii(u):

So ORDER COD GHOSTS NOW and SUPPORT the WIIU TROOPS :-)

Regards,

OFC Giorgio

Level 6
26 REPLIES

Re: Wii/wiiu sales numbers that should make us happy with cod on wiiu in the first place

in reply to OFC-Giorgio_1967

You can't beat the cold hard truth of statistics. And when presented in a table then it's as good as gospel...

But joking aside. You are absolutely right, there is no denying it.

Should we be grateful they are tossing us dogs a bone?

Well, I'm of the fence there.

Part of me says 'hell yeah' anything since W@W has been a privilege and we should be considered lucky.

But another part of me thinks the developers should be embracing the Wii U.

Trying to innovate with the hardware they are working on, create a unique gameplay that will attract more consumers.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the Wii U could handle it, it just takes time and patience.

Even Dice are saying how hard it has been to develop for the next generation of consoles.

As Giorgio says though, bottom line is all about profit. And it doesn't take a financial genius to see those figures don't add up.

Why would you throw all that time and money creating DLC for 2000 gamers? You just wouldn't.

Ghosts on the Wii U is what it is.

They may as well call it the "Call of Duty - 2014 Map Pack - Wii U Edition"

Whether, I will fold and get it again. I'm not sure.

Seeing those figures in decline just reminds me how many great friends I used to play with and have moved on.

Do I join them, or do I stick it out till the gritty end with you lovely people?

Level 6

Re: Wii/wiiu sales numbers that should make us happy with cod on wiiu in the first place

in reply to Major Stains

150,0000 units were sold in 2012 and in 50,000 units in 2013 so that's hopeful. Also note that bo2 for the wiiu came out later than on xbox/ps3/pc and that in order to play bo2 on the wiiu one had to purchase both the console and the game.

Maybe with zelda more wiius will be sold and will lead to more wiiu cod players and a bigger cod community.

Level 6
Highlighted

What surprised me looking at the table was the Wii's decline since W@W.

I would have sworn MW3 felt more populated.

But I guess the emigration to the Dark Side had already begun by then.

On a similar note, I see Nintendo are drawing a line under the Wii and are stopping production.

100 million units sold isn't all that bad though!

Level 6

Correct me if i'm wrong, but hasn't the Wii side always received the same treatment, regardless of number of games sold? Seems to me that's why the numbers are dropping, no other reason. So to get people to come back? I think that ship has sailed and long ported in another destiny. Sorry to sound less optimistic than you, but the WiiU will not bring those people back, otherwise all those OFC that went to PS3/360 would have done by now. Even playing in the great company of our clan couldn't bring them back to us, because frankly, its just not as good. Treyarch screwed it up first time and did more harm than good.

Level 21

in reply to WiimotesRus02

Pauly you should borrow my pink glasses and boots

My guess is that the wii is more popular by young kids (and their parents at night) but as they become teenagers they want to play with the big boys xbox/ps3 with more peers, better graphics and much more available mature non kiddies games.

For kids dual analog controls are easy to use hence they won't miss the wiimote.

I also doubt that young kids miss the support, patches, balanced and non arcade style gameplay and see lack of dlc as a showstopper.

Level 6

Funny thing is, I got an email today from Amazon, offering me a voucher in exchange for my 32g WiiU to go towards a PS4 or xbone. I wonder how many people got one of those emails and will actually go for it. Its tempting, my son would love a xbone. And if ghosts is as bad as BO2, you can bet your ass I'll go for it, I'm not wasting another year like that again..

Level 21

in reply to WiimotesRus02

The Force is weak in this one...

Even if Ghosts is a broken piece of crapola on the Wii U, my boys won't let me get rid of it. As they love the exclusives.

It hasn't stopped me preordering a PSphwoar regardless of my useless old man thumbs and lack of funds!

Level 6

in reply to Major Stains

MajorStains wrote:

The Force is weak in this one...

Even if Ghosts is a broken piece of crapola on the Wii U, my boys won't let me get rid of it. As they love the exclusives.

It hasn't stopped me preordering a PSphwoar regardless of my useless old man thumbs and lack of funds!

Yeah second thoughts my son does love his Zelda, I would wake up on a Saturday morning with a bed full of ants if I sold the U

Level 21

its a pretty safe bet that cod was profitable on the wii. on the wiiU its questionably primairly to the low install base. if the intall base scales evenly with the amount sold it would be ruffly 60-70% of the xbox sales.

also the wii version sales droped and MW3 (and the playerbase also stuck with BO), aka the nintendo install base is ALOT more sensative to the gameplay quality, unlike the PS3/360 install base which buys early and then complains when activision already has their money.

the quality sensativity is also present in the PC gamers.

also i will wait to hear if the game is good before buying.

Level 22

Studios