Wiimote's learning curve

SOLVED

Call of Duty Ghosts Wii U

Wiimote's learning curve

How long you guys play using the Wiimote & start getting competitive? Tried using it before with BO2 & today & it only lasted me 2 games. It's hard for me. I'm a keyboard/mouse kind of gamer. I wanna learn how to use the Wiimote cuz keyboard/mouse on the Wii U handicapped me to a flat surface to rest my controllers.

Level 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Wiimote's learning curve

in reply to Southpawgamer
Solution
‎11-11-2013 02:23 PM

I actually suggest having very low sensitivity to start with and working your way up. The biggest issue people seem to have is with the camera sensitivity and cursor speed. Start those out very low and have your turning speed at about half with the dead zone at the default setting of intermediate. Play some Squads and practice your turning while shooting aiming with hip fire and you'll get very good after about an hour or so.

Level 2
17 REPLIES

Try setting the controls very sensitive and going down, instead of the other way around.

Also, I tend to play hunched forward with my elbows on my knees. Rest your wiimote hand against your off hand for stability (if necessary). Mess around with your dead zones - start big and narrow as needed.

Go by instinct, don't think.

Just my opinion. Good luck.

Level 2

in reply to SRPhoenix1

The game provides six preset button layouts: Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta, Echo and Foxtrot.

Try all to find out which one works best for you and if you have to button section then customize

Level 1

This will help you find the settings that work for you.

Level 11

I've been using the wiimote since COD4....you never get used to it. You can tweak your settings all you want, but something will always seem off. That's the beauty of the mote. No one can truly master it.

Level 33

in reply to Padiego

That's like, some sort of sarcastic joke...right?

Level 11

in reply to Pwnsweet1

Oops. I guess I'll rephrase that.

The Wiimote is a wild bull, no one can truly master it, unless you're Australian.

Level 33

in reply to Padiego

That's not what I was getting at. Rawjustice isn't Australian and he does just fine with the Wiimote. The same is true for Emmaier.

What I was trying to say was, you can get very close to 'mastering' the Wiimote so long as you tweak the settings to your liking.

Level 11

in reply to Padiego

I'm not really into masterring it but being able to compete with others online.Most of the time I end up last cuz I'm not really good at it.

Level 5

in reply to Padiego

Yeah, but the games have gotten better. In Goldeneye I spent half my time looking at the floor, and the other half at the sky/ceiling. BOPs was okay, MW3 much better, and I had no trouble with BOPS2. With Ghosts the ADS is a little sluggish, but I am hoping a patch will help.

Level 2

Studios