Will Treyarch Fix This Lag Problem?

Call of Duty Ghosts Wii U

Will Treyarch Fix This Lag Problem?

Seriously, will it get fixed or are you leaving the way it is because you can't fix it? Its a straight up question that requires a straight up answer. I'm not asking about DLC, so do you have any information at this time. If you can't do anything, my advice would be to sell all future CoD games in the U.S only. There is no point selling it world wide, you're just stealing our money

Level 21
75 REPLIES

Re: Will Treyarch Fix This Lag Problem?

in reply to WiimotesRus02

#Ping #MoveToAmerica #OrBuyAPS4 #NotEnoughPeopleInEuropeWithWiiUsToGetAGoodHost #GromsMom #cookies  #Hashtags

Level 37

in reply to nintendon_t

hashtagwinsthemanygamesoftictactoe

Level 18

honestly. you should edit out the last part. otherwise this is a good post. and, are you not from the us then? im sure that guys like pwnsweet and such who are not americans would disagree with you. and hell, you bought the game

Level 18

in reply to the1andonlyIKY

It's not the game's fault.

There's lag for everyone, even (from what I've been told) for some North Americans. That said, lag is more common and more extreme for non-Americans. It's a fact, due in part to the laws of physics and worldwide population distribution and density.

This generally means the game is more frustrating to play for non-Americans, but that doesn't mean that you can't still do well. I'm not suggesting that you can do as well as what you could do without lag, but I assure you that you can still go positive, and 'going positive' should be considered 'doing well' when on a bad connection as far as I'm concerned.

In fact, lag isn't always a bad thing. The presence of lag:

1. Pushes you to implement new tactics

2. Forces you to improve your aim

3. Requires you to sustain a fast reaction time

The requirement that you employ these three factors just to remain competitive results in you becoming a better player in the long term. That said, if the length between good connections goes on for too long it does things...bad things...to the mind. Trust me.

Level 11

in reply to Pwnsweet1

You're being facetious?

Level 9

in reply to Pwnsweet1

I'm in western canada and the lag is so bad Can unload a clip into the enemy before he shoots me once and i die. and i have no internet issues with any other wii game or my service provider.  they really need to fix this  its terrible.

Level 3

in reply to Pwnsweet1

Pwnsweet wrote:

That said, if the length between good connections goes on for too long it does things...bad things...to the mind. Trust me.

We can see that it appears to have already happened to you

Level 13

in reply to Pwnsweet1

Pwnsweet wrote:

It's not the game's fault.

There's lag for everyone, even (from what I've been told) for some North Americans. That said, lag is more common and more extreme for non-Americans. It's a fact, due in part to the laws of physics and worldwide population distribution and density.

That said, it was always better on the old wii. You can't have read many of my other posts because I've said this a 1000 times, that I have been playing with an American clan for over 3 years and could do just as well as them on a 2 bar connection with the old wii. This hasn't been the case with the WiiU and BO2 and Ghosts. It might not be the games fault entirely, but a combination of the game and what ever they use as servers, something is not compatible and feels botched together to make it work, which is why it is so erratic between players and matches with so many people. Some games with certain people I am shooting at them from behind while they are crouched and moving very slowly with out a single hit marker, they see the bullets. turn and kill me right off the bat. How is any one going to play and do well like that?

We play against a Spanish clan quite a lot and it is impossible to get any kills against them, but as soon as they come into sight I'm instantly dead. On the old wii we could compete with them, the battles were always close and competitive. Now, they just leave the lobby after they thrash us because they know we can't compete. Its as simple as that.

Many other games work just fine on your basis, and I quote, " It's a fact, due in part to the laws of physics and worldwide population distribution and density" unquote, so please, just let a dev give an honest and true answer to why it doesn't work with the WiiU and BO2 and Ghosts, because what you've said, is only partly true...

Level 21

The ONLY time I started to feel strange things happening with the connection is when I tried MW3 on the Wii.  It felt...unstable.  I assumed that it may be something to do with my connection but everything tested at 100% yet I was still getting some BS deaths that made no sense and I would feel like I was lagging behind what others were seeing.  You could maybe say it was due to so many people cheating so early but I looked into it and there were players on other platforms getting similar issues.

From that moment on all resulting CoD games were taking a dive.  I never had a problem with any other CoD and could play at any time with any part of the world without issues.

With the Wii U the only game that I have conenction issues with is BO2.  ALL other games work perfect.  I can't speak for Ghosts because I refuse to give money on it until I see improvements.

I seriously wish that they would go back to whatever netcode they were working with back then.

Also, like you said, I wish that they would give some real explanation as to what the problem is, why they can't fix the problem or why they won't fix the problem.  It looks like a LOT of people have abandoned Ghosts and returned to BO2 because they are sick of having crappy netcode again but with the added bonus of exploits.

Level 10

Studios