Would like to find a more ergonomic Wiimote option

Call of Duty Ghosts Wii U

Would like to find a more ergonomic Wiimote option

Too much time playing Ghosts this weekend. Face it, as much as I live the Wiimote, it's not exactly comfortable for extended play. Does anyone know of a Wiimote compatible with a different shape?

Level 7
13 REPLIES

Re: Would like to find a more ergonomic Wiimote option

in reply to Whack-a-newbie

Thread edited: No need for that first part.

I spent this whole weekend no lifing Ghosts. I'm not proud of it..I actually had plans! But such is life. I think I had 9 hours played in total everyday....Wait no, Friday I had a 12 hour play session....I feel so ashamed....what was I talking about again?

Oh yeah. Extremely uncomfortable. My hands hurt(I think my wrist might be dislocated or something...maybe it's just sore...), my knees are flat and bruised, and my elbow hair has fallen out. Not to mention I smell like Coke and Lays. There is some cool wiimotes available online, like this gem http://www.amazon.com/Ocean-Doctor-Screwdriver-Wii-Remote-Nintendo/dp/B00426BZV6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&...

However...I don't think you can actually make a custom wiimote....would be nice if you could. I would make it way smaller, have all the buttons closer together.......OH AND MAKE IT SQUISHY!

Level 33

in reply to Padiego

I've tried the Nerf squishy wiimote. It's ok but response is inconsistent. I use the Nintendo silicone sleeve on mine so it's squishy enough I suppose.

My biggest complaint is the angle of the camera on the front of the 'mote. Holding it so it can see the TV... ok for the first ten hours... gets uncomfortable after that.

An ideal 'mote would have the hold angle more like 40ish degrees and the camera tilted to 90 degrees so it can see the TV. PLUS, buttons closer together and better D-pad location so I can more easily access jump, knife, etc without changing my hand position so much. I don't know how some people access that melee command so quickly and knife me in a fraction of a second.

I've read some blogs and instructables about hacking apart a wiimote and installing the parts into a toy gun but the end result would be tiring to hold pretty quickly.

Level 7

It's 2013(Almost 2014!) and we still don't have a proper squishy wii remote. Our priorities as a species are not set straight.

Level 33
Highlighted

Have you tried moving the sensor bar to a different spot? It worked well for me, but it all depends on sit while you play. I usually just lay on the couch and my hand is at roughly the same height as the sensor bar. Idk if any of that will be helpful

Level 6

in reply to ThtGyNTheBckgrn

I will give that a shot. But the camera in the end of the 'mote still needs to see the TV picture so prolly won't be much more comfortable in my case. Hmm... I wonder if I attached an IR reflector to the end of the 'mote at a 40ish degree angle...

Level 7

I would love to have a wiimote with the buttons closer together. I have huge hands and getting down to the +/- buttons are a pain in the arrrrrse.

Level 23

Re: Re: Would like to find a more ergonomic Wiimote option

in reply to M4GNUM

Gotcha covered buddy! M4GNUMote:

<M4AGNUMote XS

Level 7

That...looks surprisingly great. I love it, it's...it's perfect! Actually no....I would love to have the down arrow closer to the A, and the - and + buttons right next to the A button. Have the B be a nice, comfortable, trigger shaped button that's fuzzy and purple.

Control stick should be a bit stiffer, I feel it's too loose and kind of "cheap feeling".

Level 33

Studios