Yet another COD without manual/guide

Call of Duty Ghosts Wii U

Yet another COD without manual/guide

Man, Activision's info about COD games is one of the worst for years now.

I don't understand why, I don't think is just "forgetting" or "laziness", I think they want us to buy those useless strategy guides, which is ridiculous.

As a consumer I want that all the products I buy have instructions and detail every single option, button, etc., on the device I just bought.

If you press the manual on the WiiU, there are no explanations about the campaign, multiplayer prestiges, etc. What drives me nuts though, is that, if you google for the manual, you'll find an official game manual on Activision's Ghosts webpage, here, look:

http://www.callofduty.com/content/dam/atvi/callofduty/ghosts/manuals/Ghosts-Manual-WiiU-en.pdf

Are you kidding me?, since when "manual" is synonym of "game credits"?, and its pretty much the booklet that comes on with the COD Ghosts box anyways!

Do they want fans to learn this info on their own and then share it on the forum?, that's not good for the consumers....the game should standalone in explanations, they shouldn't expect the consumer to buy a game and then let him figure out how the game works by practicing or googling stuff.

Recently I was trying to get the special MP costume that you get after 250 kills with the chrome attachment...to my surprise when I checked on my sniper rifle stats, I already surpassed 300 kills! (I started to use the sniper gun and the chrome at the same time)....then I spent some time on the internet trying to figure out why I didn't unlock the costume, and voila, after like 10 min someone says that in order to unlock it, the respective operation (challenge) has to be visible available, meaning that my work was wasted and I need to reset the operations (paying 3 squad points each time, cause it generates random operations) until I find the one related to the chrome attachment!, darn!

There are no explanations how prestige works, what operations are, etc.

I just wish that AtreyU gives me a convincing explanation why they don't provide detailed manual (don't care if it's on paper or digital format), and also wish he can pass this to the devs. so they can include them in some form in the future...if there is some future cause hearing the COD fans comments, this game is making lots of the bored or angry!

Level 11
22 REPLIES

Re: Yeat another COD without manual/guide

in reply to ichilenozo

i agree. maybe its an effort to "go green", but idk. the wiiu manuals are never very descriptive for any game really.

Level 29

Re: Yeat another COD without manual/guide

in reply to BobbyMcGee

That's why I said I don't care about paper or digital format...going green is not an excuse not to give us a detailed manual!

And let's face the truth, big companies like Activision are in this business for the money...Then using capitalism 101, I think that more than being green I think the save themselves dozens of cents per copy (times millions of consumers) by not printing the manual.

Level 11

Re: Yet another COD without manual/guide

in reply to ichilenozo

exactly.

Level 29

in reply to ichilenozo

To be fair, they didn't save much with the 1,500+ WiiU online users who have the game ^^

All WiiU games don't have manuals. Even first party titles, the world of manual/booklets is long gone.

Level 3

in reply to Dazan3O3

1,500 online, but many more bought the game. Around 40k...according to vgchartz anyways.

Assuming each manual costs 2 cents, they saved...around $800? That buys you a nice bottle of wine or a barrel of cookies.

Someone check my math...

Level 33

in reply to Padiego

Your "meth" is ok when only thinking on the WiiU....BUT...they do (or don't do) the same thing on the other consoles....so now you can buy lots of cookies to store!

Level 11

in reply to ichilenozo

Almost no Wii U games have manuals though. Probably because they're digital in the home menu now,

Plus you've played like 6+ CODS lol, it's not like Ghosts is an overly dramatic change.

Level 37

in reply to ichilenozo

lol u guys didn't get it...

I DON'T CARE ABOUT PAPER, OR DIGITAL....GIVE ME DIGITAL IF U FEEL "GREEN"

I want explanation of the features of the game. Just as an instruction booklet when you buy electronics, I want that.

Lately COD digital "manuals", are just a collection of game credits, and a default button layout...I can only imagine how confusing for a newbie could be to learn what the hell operation do, how to prestige, etc.

Man u r making me turn my WiiU just to check how game manuals look on a Nintendo (TM) game like Zelda WWHD.

chkkkk...turning on WiiU

inserting WWHD....

initiating game....

pressing home button on the gamepad....

on the display I see:

Fourteen different subsections with explanations, 18 pages in total, although some pages are very, very long (I guess they make like 3 letter-type pages).

Under "Adventuring" section I see detailed explanations of :

a) Basic actions

b) Situational Actions

c) Sailing

d) Using the Wind Waker

e) Tingle bottles

f) Items

Shutting down the WiiU (freeze...oh cr@p!!!!...lolololo)

There you go boys, that's how you suppose to give us a manual, no trees being killed. That's what I want!!...capice?

Level 11

in reply to ichilenozo

BTW, that's very lil work to do, even an "unpaid" (not that I'm fond of that) intern can do that, so no excuses in terms of costs.

Level 11

Studios