finally added headphones, worth it

Call of Duty Ghosts Wii U

finally added headphones, worth it

so i picked up a pair of the turtle beach wii u headphones at target ($28) yesterday and im very impressed with them and ghosts. im not much for the chatting but i love the sound detail that i never knew was there. they arent super loud on the gamepad but there is a ton of stuff i never heard from my tv alone. it may be placebo effect but i think i did play better by being able to hear more directionality and quieter sounds. just wanted to share in case anyone doesn't think they are worth it. im sure even regular headphones would be great but i picked these up cuz i only have bluetooth headphones that i use for everything else.

Level 2
28 REPLIES

Re: finally added headphones, worth it

in reply to imAudi5000

Agreed. I use the Turtle Beach NLa headset. I'm not really sure they make me play any better, but they do help with my immersion into the gaming experience. Maybe this gives me more focus and thereby better gaming ability. Either way, I enjoy the game more with the headset. I would like them to be just a wee bit louder, but acceptable as they are.

Level 7

in reply to Whack-a-newbie

Is there a headphone setting anywhere in the settings because I can hardly hear anything with mine. I have the game volume set to max, the headset volume set to max, but this can't be as loud as they go, because on mine its ridiculously low, there must be a setting somewhere where I can adjust to get a proper sound, can anyone help me? Let me just say, the jack socket is nice and tight, it doesn't crackle or get louder of softer with tweaking, so I'm sure that part is ok, but maybe its internally broke or something.

Level 21

in reply to WiimotesRus02

have you tried them on a phone or computer? sadly the gamepad is annoyingly quiet. in the COD options you can turn up the volume and turn off the music and stuff, also make sure you have the sound output set to gamepad + tv or just gamepad.

the headphones (if functioning properly) should allow you to hear the game well enough, and they are very loud on my phone with beats audio. also try to move them around on your ears. i moved them back a little bit so the speaker was inline with my ear canal and that helped a little.

Level 2

in reply to imAudi5000

Yeah they work very well with other stuff, just the gamepad is very low..

Level 21

in reply to imAudi5000

Would you believe I just ordered some 5 minutes ago, came here and read this lol..

Level 21

i run amplify on every single class.

Level 29

in reply to BobbyMcGee

When I play solo I use my Sennheiser stereo headphones from the tv, I can pretty much hear everything and what direction things are coming from..

Level 21

Learn the call outs too. Seriously you dont even need uav/sat com. Your teamates constant ly holler out enemy locations.

Level 29

in reply to BobbyMcGee

I do that on team speak, but I only know a few names of places, like red cave and ice cave, water wheel and saw mill on whiteout, bakery and repair shop, hotdog stand and statue etc, I can see already I'm not going to be much help.

Level 21

Studios