A lot of Hate for HEADSETS in here since the patch...

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

A lot of Hate for HEADSETS in here since the patch...

I'm browsing the different threads and am noticing a lot of people disparaging headset users as if they are somehow doing something wrong or cheap...

I really can't understand why anybody would play without a headset to be honest...

Xboxes have a surround sound setting, and a surround sound headset setting in the audio menu as standard. The game caters for surround sound and encourages users to listen and look rather than play mute...

What is with the comments and name calling on here for anyone who uses a headset? You don't play on a fuzzy black and white TV, so why listen to the game in mono and fill your house with the calming, relaxing sound of gunfire for all your family to enjoy?

If you have never used Turtle Beach, etc, then I would urge you to give some a try, it's like going from the old style TV to HDTV, and makes the games you play much more enjoyable... Even Forza or other genre games...

Level 13
236 REPLIES

Re: A lot of Hate for HEADSETS in here since the patch...

in reply to ooOutraageousoo

It's like the people who hate on the NY Yankess for buying a bunch of good players, or Red Bull Racing for having the best F1 team...if you have the money, you have the advantage...I spent 190 on my Black Ops 2 Turtle Beach X-Rays and they are a great "investment" (if you want to call it that!).  Wish my Tritton 720's were still working though!  People who have the money are always looked at as evil...just ask anyone without money.

Level 33

in reply to YO VLUD

If you have the money to buy CoD, then you have the money for Turtles...

You can get an ok headset for half the price of a game...

I've had the same pair of X41s since they came out, bought them because they are wireless before I even played CoD... Used to play Forza 3 and Saints Row 2 back then...

Level 13

in reply to ooOutraageousoo

There should be no need to have to have them to play the game and do well or have fun. The moment an extra device is needed to play a video game there is something wrong and flawed about that.

And just because someone can buy a game does not mean they have the extra money to buy a set of headsets either. That is one of most blatant and ignorant comments ever made.

Not everyone needs or wants to hear the game in surround sound. Not everyone plays in the main room forcing everyone else to hear the sounds.

Level 70

in reply to trialstardragon

What Nice said.

Your arguments don't hold water imho. Of course people with better equipment have an advantage. Such is life. But headphones are the least of it when you can get decent ones for half the price of a Xbox Live subscription, or a single game. Hate on people who have better hdtvs while you are at it.

As I said before, I am a random player and opposing teams with mikes are my biggest didsadvantage, so why not disable ingame chat? Mikes are equipment. Lets not even talk about Kontrolfreeks or stick on red dots, nevermind aftermarket controllers.

Level 12

in reply to Slopat

Actually it does hold water. For console games are not like the real world. Where just because you can afford more you are entitled to have a better experience than someone else playing the same game. You are not special or privileged in anyway at all.

If players with mic are your biggest disadvantage then your not that great of a solo/random player.

Level 70

A person can play just fine with only speakers, but to say the experience with headphones isn't much different is the thought process of either someone totally tone-deaf who can't tell the difference anyway (and if you are, I meant no insult there), or someone who is just looking to whine and troll on something because... I don't know why people whine or troll about nonsense like this...

It isn't a crutch, it is a tool. The game devs are not favoring a tool. Considering it is third-party and they don't get any profits from my purchase of Astro's or Turtle Beaches or whatever, it only makes a person accusing them of this seem... well I can't use the right word for it being so anti-PC, so I'll just say mental lol

Headsets are a manner to enrich your experience with a game, they allow you to hear things that others might miss (90% of which are inconsequential in competitive gaming)... Sure Amplify with TB headsets really lets you hear a goodly damn distance, but then you can without that perk too... yeah, Dead Silence is now actually what it's name suggests.. you can hear users of such perk with Amplify still, but it's tougher and not as obvious... but it is quiet and subtle enough that should you decide to just run the speakers on your tv, unless your volume is excruciatingly loud you're going to just assume Dead Silence is simply that and write it off as something you'll have to develop a different strategy for...

There is nothing wrong about using a headset, the same as there isn't anything wrong with just rocking the speakers - but given you can snag a "good" headset for about 30 bucks (again, half what you paid for this game in the first place, and it enhances all other games as well) there's no excuse to complain or whine or cry or whatever. Don't defend some inane schtick about "banning" headsets, or "headset users" being evil... its nonsense and quite frankly if you truly feel so vehement about it, then perhaps it is time you hang up the gaming boots and move on before you become just another bitter nostalgia-chump who has nothing better to do than troll forums and dream about the "good ol days"...

It's just a freaking headset... go soak your head for awhile, your brain's going bad... lol

Level 20

in reply to EJKHunter

No need to insult anyone he is voicing his opinion not attacking everyone. So before you post make sure you are actually posting something productive. If you wanna have a debate keep the insults out of it. Posters these days if you disagree with them they insult and attack you.

Level 18

in reply to EJKHunter

Actually no I am not tone deaf and there is no marked difference between the sounds from my tv and my TB when ever I use them.  My tv has built in stereo with simulates surround sound and produces the same quality and level of sound as my TB32's do.

It is a crutch if a person needs it in order to play the game and do well. a person should not need any extra tools to play the game then a tv, and controller. If they require or use any tools to enhance how they play they are using a crutch and without it probably cannot do as well.

I play the same regardless if using my headphones or the tv speakers, it makes no difference in how alert or aware I am to what is happening in the game.

The game should not cater to headset user giving them any advantage over non headset users ever. And just because the price is low on some does not mean someone should have to get them ir order to remain balanced against other players that do use them.

No one because of any sort of third party tool should have any advantage over anyone else in the game ever.

Level 70

Does it count as a crutch if I am going deaf in both ears? Just asking cause I can't really have my TV loud because of my neighbors.

Level 18

Studios