About maps of CoD Ghosts.

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

About maps of CoD Ghosts.

I started to play CoD with MW3, so I want to know: are the maps of Ghosts seemed to the maps of MW2? I mean at size.

What you guys think about this idea of big maps after 3 games with small/medium maps? (I didn't play BO1, but people say the maps were small).

IMO, beside the maps this games has no big problems. Even the maps aren't completely bad.

Level 1
20 REPLIES

Re: About maps of CoD Ghosts.

in reply to Beggar201

Ghosts as a whole is terrible and the maps are definitely one of the reasons. The maps feel and play out a great deal like Battlefield maps. Too large with far too many flanking positions. They did this because too many noobs were complaining about the maps being too small and 3 lane. As if small / medium sized maps and 3 lanes were a bad thing. It's what has made the game fun and kept it fast paced like the arcade style shooter it is meant to be. MW2 had decent maps and they played out just fine. The rest of the game was broken but at least it was still fun.

Level 2

in reply to MadOne2099

The CoD I like most is BO2, the maps are good, weapons balanced and funny. Unfortunately the connection is bad. Anyway, I can play it yet, but sometimes is cool a new game,

Actually sometimes I want quit CoD, but there is no other multiplayer with great community, execpt Battlefield, but I don't like this one.

Level 1

in reply to MadOne2099

I have to disagree I think the bigger maps are far better in this game then the small clusterfudge maps of mw3 or bo2...

The only people that cry about too many flanking routes are campers being owned by flankers for not looking around occasionally and only using tunnel vision.

3 lane small maps were a bad thing and was ruining CoD. Most of the older gmaes of CoD bevore MW3 had larger maps. Cod is not just an acarde shooter. It is a fps game that does not mean that the game always has to be fast paced.

Level 70

in reply to trialstardragon

cod is completely an arcade shooter. juggernaut maniac anyone?

Level 3

in reply to jamesbond99

Just because of that does not mean it is just an arcade shooter. It is a tactical shooter for those who play with tactics beyond simple rng. I you can call all fps games on console and pc just arcade shooters in you really want too even the arma  games are still that just a shooter, they are not realistic any more than Cod.

Level 70
Highlighted

in reply to Beggar201

The maps are better in this than BO2. Black Ops 2 were straight run and gun maps with zero strategy involved. The maps in Ghosts feel more like MW2 and CoD4 maps than Black Ops maps. Then again Treyarch always makes more chaotic, noob-friendly, run-and-gun-geared maps.

Level 5

in reply to iTzSurreal

no incorrect, bigger maps just means more noob campers.

Level 3

in reply to Beggar201

These maps are great for GW. I firmly believe that larger maps with a larger player count beats smaller maps with fewer players. The flow of the game is 10x more exciting without being chaotic.

Level 75

in reply to Beggar201

The new maps are an improvement. The 3 lane design was getting boring and predictable.

And not a noob playing cod from one.

It still has flaws looking at spawns for example.

With some work it only will get better. only thing needed is bigger lobby's.

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaSS is OP. SaND get's everywhere
Level 59

Studios