Adapt.. no. Conform.

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Re: Adapt.. no. Conform.

in reply to MadHatter12

Up until 3 weeks ago I had sound coming out of some creative labs 2.1 speakers. They are pretty good high end PC speakers and much better than the TV speakers that come on most LCDs. Since I play COD a fair amount I finally decided to shell out the money and bought Astro A40 headsets. They are pretty expensive and you can get a decent pair for much cheaper but since I could afford them I figured why not. With them you can easily hear dead silence opponents running and even walking if you or some teammate aren't making a lot of noise in the area. I can even anticipate when they will enter a doorway often by the footsteps and you will rarely need to check you six to know whem someone is approaching from behind. I have even heard opponents approaching from behind while in a close range gun fight and have instinctively pivoted and killed him after eliminating the first opponent. I wasn't even sure what I heard at the time but it registered in my mind and fired at the door just as he was exiting a building. The ability to determine the location of your opponents by sound is quite effective and it's probably why I removed the silencer on some of my setups because I often know when and from where somone is approaching.

Level 12

in reply to rainmaker6

Thanks. I might have to check them out and price them a little bit.

Level 3

in reply to TG-ThoMz

Does studying for finals make sense to you?

"At the end of the match, there remains only ... nuttin 2 say."
Level 62

in reply to TG-ThoMz

I have learned to adapt to the game pretty well and still keep my playstyle the same. But the thing is that you cant always use the same playstyle in every game when you are playing against a bunch of randoms. Now if you had a full fledged team then YES you can play your playstyle more.

Level 72

in reply to TG-ThoMz

Adaption, cohersion, conforming...... I can understand these things. But, I look at Ghosts as a new game. Yes, it is part of a franchise. But, we would all be complaining if it played no different. Ghosts has bigger maps, more reliance on gun play, less hipfire and quickscoping rewards, etc etc. The ability of a gamer is to play the game, not the past.

At the end of the day - are you having fun - that is what counts.

________
FalconR6 | Community Forum Moderator

Highlighted

in reply to TG-ThoMz

Theres no adapting to the horrific spawns.  You cant adjust to spawning in front of, being spawned behind beside or simultaneously within a person.

Level 3

in reply to TG-ThoMz

I've noticed the forced change in play-style as well though lately Ive been rushing with just a knife a throwing knife and 2 smokes the rush is way different... waaaaay too many campers... especially in blitz the respawn points dont help in this game hardly they hinder more than help... I used to be a tactical anti camp player and now i can barely move around a corner before a lag switcher (which is waaay more common now that theres no lag comp. the game on 360 leans toward a game that may even force the users to go to xbox one to get any real fun from it. well thats what I see at least ;P.

Level 1

in reply to Blighted_Ashes

It doesn't force anything.

Activision Ambassador

Studios