Adapt.. no. Conform.

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Adapt.. no. Conform.

I'm sure you've all see the word 'adapt' all over the forums. Players suggesting that others player need to adapt to a different play style.

The truth is, (for some) Ghosts does require adaptation, in fact so much so, it requires some players to completely alter their play style.

With that being said- I feel the best games allow for many different styles that can achieve similar results. And as a game that is part of a series, forcing followers to have such limited options in one part- and not in another just seems like a misstep.

Correct me if i'm wrong but shouldn't a gaming franchise that caters to a wide number of players offer a wide assortment of play styles? Just seems rational.

So, do some players need to adapt to Ghosts? Yes. But since in this case, the choice was taken from them, conform is a much more accurate word.

-This coming from a tactical player that misses all the crazy chickens running around

Level 7
57 REPLIES

Re: Adapt.. no. Conform.

in reply to TG-ThoMz

TG-ThoMz wrote:

I'm sure you've all see the word 'adapt' all over the forums. Players suggesting that others player need to adapt to a different play style.

The truth is, (for some) Ghosts does require adaptation, in fact so much so, it requires some players to completely alter their play style.

With that being said- I feel the best games allow for many different styles that can achieve similar results. And as a game that is part of a series, forcing followers to have such limited options in one part- and not in another just seems like a misstep.

Correct me if i'm wrong but shouldn't a gaming franchise that caters to a wide number of players offer a wide assortment of play styles? Just seems rational.

So, do some players need to adapt to Ghosts? Yes. But since in this case, the choice was taken from them, conform is a much more accurate word.

-This coming from a tactical player that misses all the crazy chickens running around

So... what playstyle has Ghosts taken away?

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

in reply to RAN Kismet

That is exactly what I was thinking...

It seems if people really were "conforming" in this game, they'd just bash it all the time. Excuse me, OP, for enjoying the game and learning the best way for me to play it.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

This is a post intended for players that aren't enjoying the game or who do not want to learn a new way to play. Plus, how would more variety prevent you from enjoying the game? However, if you'd like, i can make a post for the other half (like myself) that enjoy the tactical play style- but I like to see both sides.

Level 7

in reply to TG-ThoMz

TG-ThoMz wrote:

This is a post intended for players that aren't enjoying the game or who do not want to learn a new way to play. Plus, how would more variety prevent you from enjoying the game? However, if you'd like, i can make a post for the other half (like myself) that enjoy the tactical play style- but I like to see both sides.

Still not tracking on what playstyle is missing.

You can rush.

You can camp.

You can snipe.

You be a BK quickscoper.

You can tube.

You can sit in a corner with your thumb up your bahookey.

What am I missing?

RAN
Level 75

in reply to RAN Kismet

What level do I need to be to unlock the bahookey?

Level 2

in reply to DingoDC

DingoDC wrote:

What level do I need to be to unlock the bahookey?

In past COD's it was usually level 4.

But Ghosts has made it default with the 10th soldier.

However, I hear it's OP.

RAN
Level 75

in reply to RAN Kismet

My bahookey is OP but that could just be the Black Bean Soup perk I'm running.

Level 2

in reply to RAN Kismet

rankismet wrote:

TG-ThoMz wrote:

Still not tracking on what playstyle is missing.

You can rush.

You can camp.

You can snipe.

You be a BK quickscoper.

You can tube.

You can sit in a corner with your thumb up your bahookey.

What am I missing?

You forgot Retard style ...

"At the end of the match, there remains only ... nuttin 2 say."
Level 62

in reply to RAN Kismet

Of course anyone can play any way they want. However if you play against good players and you run around or try to rush their defense position you will lose more than you win. Does that mean you can't continue to try? no. But players continually doing this makes the game pretty simple.

Changes in sound perks and higher ttk's would change this dramatically- making that third option for attack more feasible.

Level 7

Studios