Aim Assist

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Aim Assist

Is there going to be aim assist in Ghosts. I actually like Aim assist so I was wondering if it will be in the game. 

Level 1
22 REPLIES

Re: Aim Assist

in reply to Beechies

Seriously? Yes, All CODs have it.

Level 4

in reply to Beechies

All games online on the console have it to one degree or another. So yes even Ghosts will have it. Only the pc does not have it unless using an aim bot.

Level 70

in reply to trialstardragon

Speaking of Aim Assist, In think it will be cool if the EMP killstreak will disable the enemy AA.

Level 14

in reply to Dr_QuiCKScOP3r

Would have been nice yes. I just wish they would fix it where it was LOS only.. and did not track a person anymore if they went behind a wall or any obstruction where they could no longer be seen. Tired of seeing the players that would just run around and wiggle their controller waiting for sticky aim to grab on to someone through a wall to let them know someone was nearby.

Level 70

in reply to trialstardragon

A game like CoD doesn't need aim assist, console or PC. However, we'll never get that, so at least I hope it's toned down from where it has been in the past (although I'm not optimistic about that either).

Level 6

in reply to bigshow36

Controllers with analog sticks require aim assist, and many other compensators to make them usable for FPS games. Go play an FPS on PC with a controller and tell me controllers don't need aim assist. I'll wait.

Level 8

in reply to MrAdaptability

No they don't. I've played PC games with a controller before and Console games with no aim assist (Nexiuz). Is it more difficult ? Sure, but that doesn't mean its impossible, especially in a game like CoD where there are high RoF guns with high damage. The game would be much better without aim assist, as the shooting skill gap would widen dramatically.

Some console games benefit from a small amount of aim assist, some don't. Call of Duty is one of the latter.

Level 6

in reply to bigshow36

To be reasonably accurate with analog stick, yes they do require several things to compensate for their lack of accurate movement. You do realize controllers for consoles have built in compensators right? You can never really turn off aim assist in all it's forms. You may be able to turn off the in-game enabled aim assist but not the other forms of aim assist pre-built into the controller/console.

Level 8

in reply to MrAdaptability

It is not in the controller it is part of the console OS as a default. Actually they can make them as precise as a mouse, just would be more expensive to do so. So they just use the coding in the console to compensate for it. Players would not want to have to pay for a 100+ controller for game on a console that they only play every now and then for fun. So for the general market they don't make them or need them really.

Just as you claim controllers are not as accurate as a mouse, not all mouse are accurate as each other either.

Level 70

Studios