Anyone notice how balanced the snipers and shotguns look?

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Anyone notice how balanced the snipers and shotguns look?

They look exceptionally well balanced and that is what is making me pre-order this game even after BO2

Level 1
50 REPLIES

Re: Anyone notice how balanced the snipers and shotguns look?

in reply to Hotpants22

they should be better but time will tell.  having loathed sniping in previous titles (not just quick scoping) i think the push to make the sniper rifles more accessible and playable with dual render scopes and more consistent damage should make them more enjoyable for more players. 

the marksman rifles will be a go to weapon to shut down snipers but will they balance against assault rifles and smgs?

either way from gameplay footage they seem good but until we all start playing its kinda hard to say.  

Level 16

in reply to Hotpants22

From what i have seen shotguns look balanced, but snipers will still be able to qs unfortunately from the videos i have seen. but they can still change it.

Level 10

in reply to iamyourfather

The footage you've seen is all apha gameplay, it isn't the full proof game.

Level 16

in reply to Firesens

I know thats what i said in my post. I said they could still change it.

Level 10

in reply to iamyourfather

I have seen almost all videos and didn't notice such a thing.. There were some lucky quick scope shots but that's all..

Level 3

in reply to genki_sudo1

We might have different approaches to qs. I see qs as looking through your scope instantly shooting, and it being accurate, i also include dragscoping within the qs category. I think you might be referring to blackscoping where you dont aim down the completely. That looks gone, but qs still looks like its there for now.

Level 10

in reply to Hotpants22

And by "balanced", you mean underpowered, right? The shotgun shown was the MTS-255. Its got a FIVE ROUND mag, a FIVE FOOT 1 hit kill range, and doesn't shoot so fast - even if it's semi-auto! There has got to be a range increasing attachment that increases a shotgun's range by more than just 10%, and a better ext mags, or else we've got more useless shotguns that shoot marshmallows.

You seem to not like 1 hit kill weapons... Why?

Level 6

in reply to ModernWelfare

ModernWelfare wrote:

And by "balanced", you mean underpowered, right? The shotgun shown was the MTS-255. Its got a FIVE ROUND mag, a FIVE FOOT 1 hit kill range, and doesn't shoot so fast - even if it's semi-auto! There has got to be a range increasing attachment that increases a shotgun's range by more than just 10%, and a better ext mags, or else we've got more useless shotguns that shoot marshmallows.

i'd disagree with that assessment im actually half way through editing some footage i recorded of the mts in action which should be "soonish"

Level 75
Highlighted

in reply to ModernWelfare

If you don't wanna have to use tactic or skill or strategy or flank routes while using shotguns then stay in Black Ops 2 or use a different weapon. We don't need another R870 or Striker incident again. Gotta love shotgunners oh takes skill to use a shotgun but all I see shotgunners using is the overpowered shotguns or the spray and pray ones it's getting old in MW2 it was Ranger Akimbo or the Model Akimbo in Black Ops 1 the Spas-12 in MW3 the Striker in Black Ops 2 the R870 shotgun it had nothing to do with the shotguns being the only usable ones cause I have used every shotgun in all those games and they seem fine while the ones you shotgunners use are only the overpowered easy to use ones.

Level 23

Studios