Anyone notice how balanced the snipers and shotguns look?

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Re: Anyone notice how balanced the snipers and shotguns look?

in reply to Adam1234567893

Adam1234567893 wrote:



If you don't wanna have to use tactic or skill or strategy or flank routes while using shotguns then stay in Black Ops 2


BO2 shotguns.... dont require tactics, skill, or strategy? But using an SMG or AR does?


Adam1234567893 wrote:



We don't need another R870 or Striker incident again


Neither shotgun, even comes close, to MW2 Spas or 1887's. Not even in the same universe.


Adam1234567893 wrote:



Gotta love shotgunners oh takes skill to use a shotgun but all I see shotgunners using is the overpowered shotguns or the spray and pray ones


So COD, doesnt have any other spray and pray weapons? SMG + laser sight = skill?


Adam1234567893 wrote:



I have used every shotgun in all those games and they seem fine while the ones you shotgunners use are only the overpowered easy to use ones.


So.... people, that use shotguns, only use the OP/easy ones? There are no other weapons, in COD, that fit that description?


Adam1234567893 wrote:



it's getting old


It's getting old, alright. Your constant bashing, of anyone, that doesnt play the way you want them to.

Level 28
Likes: 497
Posts: 2208
Registered: ‎19-09-2011
Highlighted

Re: Anyone notice how balanced the snipers and shotguns look?

Really still stalking my posts? Please stop harassing me simply because I don't agree with your logic. If you can't do that then you really are that immature and psychotic.

Level 23
Likes: 370
Posts: 1774
Registered: ‎06-12-2012

Re: Anyone notice how balanced the snipers and shotguns look?

Black Ops 2 shotguns dont require skill, Everythings a one hit kill unless you are at a ridiculous range or the rate of fire super fast.

Havent played MW2 in a while, but the R870 is still very easy to do, especially compared to the maps of BO2. But for MW2 maps were larger so its still in the same ratio.

Smg does require a little more skill referring to the spray and prey to the shotgun because smg doesnt allways go straight even with the lasersight and it requires more than one hit.

No they dont always but from my past experience i usually only get killed by the easy ones like the R870, and the M1216. I have actually checked elite to see the amount of deaths to the easy ones to the tougher ones and the ratio is 12:1. To the stats of other spray and pray i will be looking at the MSMC and Scorpion and the ratio was 7:1, but to be fair i have been mostly doing league, only included 2 of all the smg and for shotguns half of them, and finally for multiplayer i havent bought all the smg yet so this ratio can not be taken that serious but its probably close to the real number.

Its annoying of you too. you were bashing his play style to.

I would just like to say that im not bashing your play stye, i was just stating my elite stats. But i will say that i hate how powerful shotguns are. They are just so overpowered especially with the Overkill wildcard thing. I see people use shotgun with overkill with a sniper as his secondary

Level 10
Likes: 85
Posts: 405
Registered: ‎25-06-2012

Re: Anyone notice how balanced the snipers and shotguns look?

in reply to iamyourfather

iamyourfather wrote:



Black Ops 2 shotguns dont require skill


If that were true.... everyone, would do well with shotguns. That is absolutely not the case.

Im not responding to the rest of your post, because I completely disagree with your opinion. I'll just leave it at that.

Hope you enjoy Ghosts!

Level 28
Likes: 497
Posts: 2208
Registered: ‎19-09-2011

Re: Anyone notice how balanced the snipers and shotguns look?

The people that i see that dont do well the shotties is when they dont use the correct attachments, they dont use the great ones, and it is usually the people that just got the game or atleast the people that i see. The people that use the r870 and the M1216 i do see them do good all the time.

Honestly i am going to have an argument with you anyway because i am bored, so im just going to bash you with some immature insults. Are you really that ****** lazy that you cant even look at your stats or are so immature that you cant even be man enough to tell me that my stats are so similar to yours to tell me that i was right.

I hope i do enjoy the game because that will mean that the shotguns will be what i want, the correct power and the correct range for them and that will mean you will hate them and you would have to go back with the overpowered shotguns like in MW2 and BO2.

Level 10
Likes: 85
Posts: 405
Registered: ‎25-06-2012

Re: Anyone notice how balanced the snipers and shotguns look?

in reply to iamyourfather

iamyourfather wrote:




Honestly i am going to have an argument with you anyway because i am bored, so im just going to bash you with some immature insults



How original


iamyourfather wrote:




Are you really that ****** lazy that you cant even look at your stats or are so immature that you cant even be man enough to tell me that my stats are so similar to yours to tell me that i was right.



Here's my K/D....

R870 - 2.41

KSG - 2.34

Havent used the M1216 or S12, as they are terrible.

My deaths from shotties....

R870 - 319

KSG - 39

M1216 - 3

S12 - 38

The weapon that has killed me the most....

MP7 - 623


I guess if shotties were OP..... my MP7 deaths (just 1 gun), wouldnt be almost double that of all shotties combined. Anyone using logic... can figure that out.



iamyourfather wrote:



I hope i do enjoy the game because that will mean that the shotguns will be what i want, the correct power and the correct range for them and that will mean you will hate them and you would have to go back with the overpowered shotguns like in MW2 and BO2.



Here's my top 6 K/D weapons, in BO2

SVU - 7.81 (only 407 kills)

Swat - 3.71

FAL - 3.33

Type 25 - 3.30

SMR - 3.18

Peacekeeper - 3.13

Do you really think Im a Shotgun user? Do you really think I care if Shotguns suck in Ghosts? Its just rather pathetic, when certain players, dont want weapon balance because..... they dislike said weapons.

I get that Shotgun users, work you over. I also get why you claim they're OP. That's what weak players do. They find excuses... like shotguns are OP.

Enjoy your day.

Level 28
Likes: 497
Posts: 2208
Registered: ‎19-09-2011

Re: Anyone notice how balanced the snipers and shotguns look?

First off thank you for arguing back.

Second it was original since i have not seen anyone post that in the beginning of an argument about themselves.

Have you reset recently? Did you not play BO2 that much? Do you normally do league?

Im going to say this cautiously, but the reason why i feel like you have less deaths with the shotgun compared to the smg is because you sit back a little. I say this because your best kd was with AR.

From your posts yes you sounded like you were a shotgun user. I hope you care, i dont want them to suck, i want them to be balance. I want them to be like BO2 shotguns without longbarrel. I do want weapon balance.

First off im not a weak player, i do find them op; but trust me im not a weak player. I do have a lower KD than you but if you want me to camp and let my team do all the hard work i can do that and have your kd easily, but honestly kd means nothing now imo. imo WL and spm means everything to me. If you can have a good WL with all the dashboarders you are pretty good.

Level 10
Likes: 85
Posts: 405
Registered: ‎25-06-2012

Re: Anyone notice how balanced the snipers and shotguns look?

in reply to iamyourfather

iamyourfather wrote:




I do have a lower KD than you but if you want me to camp and let my team do all the hard work i can do that and have your kd easily, but honestly kd means nothing now imo. imo WL and spm means everything to me


I dont think any one of those stats, tells the whole story.

Camp for K/D? 457 SPM and a 89% w/l.


iamyourfather wrote:




Have you reset recently? Did you not play BO2 that much


No. I could only stomach 6 prestige. BO2 was a major disappointment.


iamyourfather wrote:



I want them to be like BO2 shotguns without longbarrel


Then they will be hopelessly under powered. How to beat shotgunners with an AR .... AR + Stock + LW and stay away from hallways. R870 is useless compared to AR's in any other engagement.

The main reason why people think the R870 is OP.... they sprint around corners and get owned. They think they can run up stairways, on Hijacked, and not get blasted.


iamyourfather wrote:



I do want weapon balance.


Then shotguns, should win every close range engagement. They dont in BO2. My B23R k/d is 2.94 and I use it as a primary, on my Domination Class. That is not balance.

Level 28
Likes: 497
Posts: 2208
Registered: ‎19-09-2011

Re: Anyone notice how balanced the snipers and shotguns look?

My elite spm is currently 561.20, but just my non league spm is 580ish. I dont understand the percentage for WL. Does that mean you win 89 percent of the time or you win 89/100 times. I think it means the second one and if it does mean the second one its not very good. That would mean you are not a team player at all if it is the second one. I will say though that my overall WL is 3.5.

  

I understand that you couldnt keep playing BO2. I try not to focus about until i see footage to the newest cod videos come out, then i see all the problems with the current game.

They would not be underpowered imo. IMO it would require more skill; more tactics, more flanking. Whats LW? and no the shotgun is not useless compared to AR in any other situation.

No i dont believe that but the shotgun does increase the possibility of winning the close range ability. Smg would win the next most in close range, then ARs, then LMGs, finally Snipers for the close range battles.

For the B23R, you could the kind of guy who picks people off from behind. Doesnt mean camping. IMO the B23R is balanced, most of these maps are close range and thats a pistol (kind of) so its doing its job. Another reason why its balanced is because it is simply not the best gun at distance so its fair.

Level 10
Likes: 85
Posts: 405
Registered: ‎25-06-2012

Re: Anyone notice how balanced the snipers and shotguns look?

in reply to iamyourfather

You know that 89% and 89/100 is the same thing right?  So he has around a 7.0W/L because I have a 88 win percentage.

As for BO2 shotguns, they are underpowered compared to previous games.  IW has always been generous with shotguns while 3arc has always made them nearly useless.  You say that they are not UP but they require more "skill" to use them.  If they required more skill that means less people would use them and if they required to much skill no one would use them because there would be better weapons that more useful than it and much easier to use.  Hardly anyone uses shotguns now, what makes you think more people will use them if they become too hard to use.

I died by Snipers 1265 times.

I died by Shotguns 1119 times.

I died by SMGs 9213 times.

I died by ARs 8338 times.

I died by LMGs 1185 times.

I died by Pistols 1070 times.

I mean if Shotguns were half as good as SMGs or ARs then maybe they would be balanced.  And to bring up another point if snipers were even half as good as ARs or SMGs people would go apeshit over them.

Level 47
Likes: 1271
Posts: 6422
Registered: ‎23-09-2011

Studios