Call of Duty®: Assault Rifle Edition

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Call of Duty®: Assault Rifle Edition

No, this is not a prediction about the next Call of Duty; this is about what Call of Duty Ghosts should have been named. Ghosts at this point is all about assault rifles and a couple sub machine guns, theres no weapon diversity in the game. Assault rifles are honestly the only weapon used now, and its not entirely those peoples fault. In Ghosts the weapon balance is by far the worst since some of the earliest Cods. Theres essentially only five weapons used in the game, and I'm sure you know which those are. Infinity Ward could basically cut Riot Shield, Shotguns, Marksman Rifles, Light Machine guns, Pistols, and most of the Submachine guns; and the game would not even become much more different than it already is. As for snipers, they used to be somewhat useful but the try-hards complained to IW enough about them being "too powerful" or "too easy to use" that they are becoming more and more worthless. (ohh and like using an ak-12 or remington is not easy or overpowered.) So I guess that leaves assault rifles, they're the only weapons used and can be used. There shouldn't be one class that rules them all, but that is clearly the case in Ghosts.

Level 2
21 REPLIES

Re: Call of Duty®: Assault Rifle Edition

in reply to Nerd-protector

Dude, Where have you been? COD for the most part has always been dominated by assault riffles. They give you the best of both worlds, mobility & long/short range power. BLOPS2 was dominated by Sub's because the maps were small & chaotic.

Level 19

in reply to PUR4IDO

Yes, but no. Cods assault rifles have always been a highly used weapon, but in ghosts because they have made other weapon classes nowhere near the level assault rifles are on, there is little incentive to use other weapons. Thus making assault rifles really the only guns used.

Level 2

in reply to PUR4IDO

post up on a head glitch with an AR and smgs have no chance

Level 11

in reply to PUR4IDO

I think it's the strength of the domination of ARs that gets people.

Marksman rifles?  Could be better (full benefit of Quickdraw, better range and faster fire cap I guess).  I only use the IA-2 myself because the SVU's scope is bad.

Sniper rifles?  Got nerfed needlessly and the massive reduction in OHK areas when using a suppressor overly caters for red dot chasing mouthbreathers.

LMGs?  More recoil than MW3 and much less recoil reduction by stance than in MW3 and damage dropoff (the days of infinite 3HK range is over by the looks of it).  Imagine if the thermal L86 from MW3 came back in Ghosts.  Oh the rage....

Shotguns.  I think the Bulldog is only as good as the stock Striker from MW3, but don't quote me on that.  also Steady Aim is required if you want to make your gun productive and that might be limited to the Tac 12 and the Bulldog.

Problem is when you use other weapons outside of ARs and SMGs is that you use up more of your perk setup to be as effective.  I can get away without using Stalker on ARs but if I do that on LMGs I'm not going to be too productive on my team.  A way round that would be Reflex and a pistol but that costs the same as Stalker anyway.

Level 31

ARs are the preferred weapon for most Operatives in the field as they are diverse, can be used at range and in CQB, so this shouldn't shock you.

But I have been killed by plenty of Snipers, Marksman Rifles, LMGs, and Shotties, so not sure what you are getting at.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

Times like these makes me wish we still have Elite. It would have shown the proportion of our deaths to ARs vs every other weapons class. My money is that the majority of our deaths are caused by Assault Rifles.

Level 35

The only weapon I see most people use is the M-Tar X.

Level 43

in reply to Shadowelite555

Yea thats a popular Sub

Level 2

It's popular because it's OP.

Ridiculous clip size, range and accuracy.

Level 1

Studios