Can we please get almost all the gamemodes in Hardcore!!

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Re: Can we please get almost all the gamemodes in Hardcore!!

in reply to Wheels1AWTT

Yeah I had no idea bullets reflecting off of teammates and killing you instead counted as "realistic."

Level 25

in reply to NoLifeKing29

You're rubber, he's glue...

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to Wheels1AWTT

OK trolls, how many morons does it take to counter a non argument. Obviously ricochet is not " realistic", it make people have to play in a more realistic way than in core where you can shoot THROUGH team members...

So between shooting through people and dying if you shoot a team member which is MORE realistic?? I didn't say it was realistic.

Oh, and anyone who spells learned as learnt, should have their speaking privileges removed.

Level 6

in reply to Wheels1AWTT

The problem with Ricochet is the game has too many issues that need to be addressed before hand.  I don't typically try to kill teammates and usually have a pretty good idea of where they are at, but sometimes your teammates are running so much that there is no good way to keep track of where they all are...even with good communication.  Thus, that is the first issue.  A second issue is that the game doesn't always show you a teammates name. Due to invisible barriers, their name doesn't show up. The game has taught us that if a name doesn't show up that it is an enemy. You'd be surprised how many teammates I've killed due to this. Third, scorestreaks/killstreaks can affect them even though it is the enemies fault. Should I die because of my streak killing a teammate? (Running into a airstrike even though I told them not to move...or running in front of a sentry gun).  Those things should not penalize me as they are the idiots.  Ricochet punishes me for issues with the game mechanics and that doesn't sit well with me. I would much rather accidentally kill a teammate, explain that it was an accident and have to deal with them possibly being selfish and killing me back than a random suicide.  I get that in real life your teammates would be pissed off at you...and for good reason. This is a game. They can still get mad at me and even kill me if they want. But killing myself just doesn't make any sense.

Ricochet needs to be removed from ALL COD games IMO

Level 33

in reply to Wheels1AWTT

Wheels1AWTT wrote:

OK trolls, how many morons does it take to counter a non argument. Obviously ricochet is not " realistic", it make people have to play in a more realistic way than in core where you can shoot THROUGH team members...

So between shooting through people and dying if you shoot a team member which is MORE realistic?? I didn't say it was realistic.

Oh, and anyone who spells learned as learnt, should have their speaking privileges removed.

1) Over the years a lot of people have commented on my massacre of the English language which makes what I'm about to say even more ironic.I can only assume you aren't aware LEARNT is the past participle of the verb "learn". As such the use of LEARNT was correct. 

Before you throw down the you're a moron card (which btw is an almost guaranteed way to shorten your life expectancy on the forums) I suggest you actually re-read what you yourself wrote as it was you who said ricochet was more "realistic".

Fact is ricochet is horrible and is despised by the majority of the hardcore community because it isn't realistic and completely changes the whole ethos and feel of hardcore. The knee jerk addition of it into mw3 ruined hardcore for alot of people. It caused major issues that were never addressed and did nothing to curb "trolling" in hardcore , in fact it made it easier.

Now I am fully aware some people like ricochet, but every discussion i've had with Infinity Ward regarding hardcore has said the same thing it ruined hardcore and hardcore is a lot better off without it, the only mode it should be implemented into is S&D and that's it.

If you like ricochet that's fine, but because some people aren't able to remove their finger from a trigger is no reason to ruin everyone else's enjoyment of a game mode that historical has never had ricochet nor wanted it.

Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

maccabi wrote:

Now I am fully aware some people like ricochet, but every discussion i've had with Infinity Ward regarding hardcore has said the same thing it ruined hardcore and hardcore is a lot better off without it, the only mode it should be implemented into is S&D and that's it.

I really like your idea of having ricochet being in S&D only. It truly competitive matches where you only get one death I think it makes sense and could agree that it is a good implementation of it. For all others, I'm happy with Team Kills (though I do want to see a "kicking" option on the 3rd team kill to the guy who got killed).

Level 33

in reply to LifeSong1

LifeSong1 wrote:

maccabi wrote:

I really like your idea of having ricochet being in S&D only. It truly competitive matches where you only get one death I think it makes sense and could agree that it is a good implementation of it. For all others, I'm happy with Team Kills (though I do want to see a "kicking" option on the 3rd team kill to the guy who got killed).

weirdly the competitive scene gave me my best argument against the introduction of ricochet this time round.. as CoDesports has tking, So my point was basically if that has it theres no excuse and it keeps a general level of sameness through the game modes

Level 75
Highlighted

in reply to Wheels1AWTT

Disagreeing with you does not equal "Trolling".

Oh, and... Maccabi is British, in case you missed it.

Definition of LEARNT

chiefly British past and past participle of learn

learn

lərn/

verb

past tense: learnt; past participle: learnt

1. 1.
    gain or acquire knowledge of or skill in (something) by study, experience, or being taught."they'd started learning French"
    synonyms:acquire a knowledge of, acquire skill in, become competent in, become proficient in, grasp, master, take in, absorb, assimilate, digest,familiarize oneself with; More

archaicinformalteach (someone)."“That'll learn you,” he chuckled"

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to Wheels1AWTT

Well now I understand the Learnt part, sorry british guy. Love your country, hope to visit it again.

But...my statement still holds it's own, ricochet is "more realistic" than core. I don't personally like ricochet but I would rather die than get kicked from a fast paced game like Domination and be put on probation for 5 minutes. That and how many people just team kill twice and quit, i would rather not accidentally ruin someone elses kill streak. I can deal if I screw myself over.

Level 6

in reply to Wheels1AWTT

I see your point, I hope you aren't thinking my disagreement is trolling.

I have played both, and while I got used to Ricochet in MW3, it detracts heavily from Hardcore. It leads to extremely selfish play.

Hardcore is all about awareness and communication, as well as controlling your aim and thinking before selecting or using streaks. It doesn't need ricochet, that makes it... well... not Hardcore.

Activision Ambassador

Studios