Can we please get almost all the gamemodes in Hardcore!!

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Re: Can we please get almost all the gamemodes in Hardcore!!

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

I agree with both yours and Wheels1AWTT's views,

Personally for me i would have a mix of the two versions (Ricochet/No Ricochet)

Shooting teammates with bullets = ricochet

explosives used on teammates = ricochet (teammates shooting friendly explosives = no ricochet and doesnt count as a TK)

Sentry Gun (or alternative) = no ricochet/doesnt count as a TK for player whos streak it is

other ai controlled streaks = no ricochet/doesnt count as a TK for player whos streak it is

player controlled streaks = ricochet

This way things that are effectively out of the players control dont cause instant deaths or kicks from the game, but things a player does have control over ie where hes shooting or throwing explosives have a direct impact on that players game if damage is done to a team mate during that players actions.

Admittedly its a little bit complicated in terms of what causes what, but in theory it could be a winning formula.

If anyone wants to add anything to it please do so, this is just a basic list off the top of my head and could probably do with some improvements and alterations.

Level 5

in reply to Project-VAG-DAN

I'm sorry but I do not believe Ricochet has any place in this game aside from possibly in S&D. It is Hardcore, so if I shoot a teammate I have to live with ruining his streak, making him mad, and running the risk of him coming back and ending my streak. It sucks and I don't like it, but that's the result of me killing the teammate (intentional or not).

I personally think that Ricochet was put in to prevent intentional team killing, but unfortunately I don't think most team killing is actually intentional. It is you shooting at a guy and a teammate runs in front of you. You throw a grenade and a teammate then jumps out the window right by it (or you have bad aim). You shoot at a character that doesn't have a name over his head (typically an enemy) only to find out it was a teammate. Adding in Ricochet will not change my habits any more. I'm still going to shoot those people or throw those grenades because my goal is to kill the enemy and it is unfortunate that the teammate got in the way. 

Level 33

in reply to Project-VAG-DAN

I disagree, though I understand where you are coming from.

To me Hardcore should be just that: Hard Core. There should be no hand-holding. Friendly Fire should be on. Players should have to make wise decisions about what Kill/Scorestreaks, as well as what equipment they use. It should be on the PLAYER to make wise decisions.

The only Feasible change to scorestreaks I can think of would be to add a "Danger Close" element to them. (Not referring to the MW2 perk, but the Military use of the term). Meaning, basically, that if a Friendly is in the vicinity, the streak will not fire upon the enemy. If a teammate runs into ordinance that had already been fired, well that is on that teammate for not being aware.  So for example... if you have a Chopper out. If a friendly is within a certain range of an enemy, the pilot will call off that strafing run or hold fire for Danger Close, similar to what is done in a military setting. Chopper gunners don't unleash into an area where there are known friendlies.

Beyond that, however, the player needs to be accountable for their own actions.

A "TKing" report needs to be added into the game, and players who abuse the system should be banned from HC modes.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to Wheels1AWTT

the support for core will always be greater than the support for hc in this game.

Level 70
Highlighted

in reply to trialstardragon

As the Prophet James Hetfield once said... Sad But True.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to trialstardragon

This is very unfortunate in my eyes, yet I know it is true.

Level 33

in reply to Wheels1AWTT

So true. I play hardcore all the way No soft core for me!!!!!

Level 1

in reply to Wheels1AWTT

I don't mind playing core at all because it does not take a thousand a one bullets to kill a player unlike BO you needed HC. Infinity Ward has always done a good job on core.

Level 1

in reply to Wheels1AWTT

hardcore will never get the same amount of game modes as core until they start making the multiplayer on a separate disc.

Level 25

in reply to banned-again

What does having the multiplayer on a separate disc have to do with anything?

Level 33

Studios