Clan Wars Cheating

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Re: Clan Wars Cheating

in reply to Keltic_ie

Er, I'd say a better solution is that anyone who joins a clan whilst a war is active cannot contribute towards it.

Level 31

in reply to Keltic_ie

They also use "recruiting" as a cheat tool, requiring potential members to take "beatdowns" in order to become a member. I've seen a ton of this the last few days.

Level 1

in reply to Keltic_ie

I agree with you on the points solution. My clan could care less about these wars. After seeing in the first 2 clan wars, clans taking a 150 + point lead in less than 5 hours and just keep gaining points though out the rest of the war, we thought that to be ridiculous and impossible to do. We decided screw these wars, we are just going to play to have fun and not worry about the wars.

I also agree that they should not allow points or allow the capturing of nodes during the wars if you have more that 6 members in a lobby.

I think they should also implement a opt in/out option to the wars, this way if your clan wants to play them than you opt in, and if they don't want to participate in the wars they can opt out. It can't be that hard to do if they can put that option in for the new Diamond division.

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to TDP2Baci

If you aren't actively playing in the CW then what does it matter if you are auto enlisted?  It's not like you will get some mark against your reputation if you come in last.  Perhaps some new recruits would be turned off but if they were interested in the clan wars, then they would be turned off by your lack of participation anyway.  I personally like the auto enlist because I've already lived through all of the issues that they had with sites going down, error messages and programming glitches that occurred during the manual enlist days.

Level 69

in reply to Keltic_ie

I dont believe in the whole "no naming and shaming" scenario when it comes to hackers and cheaters.  This is by far the best Call of Duty since Black Ops, and it is being ruined by people who need to cheat to win.  My clan moved to platinum for this clan war, we ran two full parties for most of the night and won just about all of our matches, yet we only received a total of 24 cp by 12am, while the other two clans playing left us behind as they gained 100 CP and 150 CP, while playing with less people.  The rate in which they were gaining their wins was simply mind boggling.  After realizing we were placed in a division with two cheating clans, we have now decided that we can only compete for 3rd place.  This is the second clan war in a row that we have seen win boosting from other clans.  My guys are becoming extremely fed up, it isn't fair, and I fear it will not be taken care of.  There is truly nearly no point in even playing these games anymore.

Level 2

in reply to St_-_ANG3R1

I'm with you that this win via forfeit thing sucks but I have to wonder what they can do about it.  There are legit people out there that on occasion win by forfeit as well.  Maybe it's a worthwhile thing to just exclude the forfeit wins?  It would suck for those that weren't cheating but in this case it may be best for the whole.

But now that I'm thinking about it if you exclude the forfeit wins then those clans that cheat will still join lobbies all together and just have their members on the short team go afk for the easy win.  So what you really need is a method to prevent clan members from joining lobbies where 6 clan members are already present.

As I think about it some more even that can be beaten.  Honestly, I don't know of a single way that they can prevent clans from stacking the deck without reviewing each and every game played and that just isn't going to happen.  Maybe I'm just to smart for my own good but I've already thought of at least 6 different ways to beat the system and the ones that I suggested and I wasn't even trying hard.  I would imagine that anyone that actually is set on cheating would find a way regardless of what system is put in place.  That's a depressing thought.

Level 69

in reply to Keltic_ie

I'm sure it happens but make sure you are certain they are cheating.

Last night me and 2 friends played HC TDM and we made 2 sets of clans leave because we were beasting them so bad.

No cheating, they were just sore losers.

Level 22

in reply to ukscorpz

The forfeit win loophole would be easy to spot, and I'm sure some investigation would reveal whether or not clans were bringing in friends/clanmates so they could beat on them and guarantee wins.

I hope to see a spinoff of the 'Why Was I Banned' thread series; 'Where Did My Bodycount Gear Go?!'

Level 31

in reply to Bielsalmighty

Bielsalmighty wrote:

The forfeit win loophole would be easy to spot, and I'm sure some investigation would reveal whether or not clans were bringing in friends/clanmates so they could beat on them and guarantee wins.

I hope to see a spinoff of the 'Why Was I Banned' thread series; 'Where Did My Bodycount Gear Go?!'

As those aren't appealing ban threads... perhaps Foxy, Claire, Ice, et al would allow us a good chuckle at the cheating, little DB's expense?

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

in reply to RAN Kismet

Nah I highly doubt it. I would truly love to see some of those pop up here though. It would be nice to know that they aren't going to let boosters keep their ill gotten gains. *stares meaningfully at Beachhead*

Level 31

Studios