CoD Ghosts: Bad Hype

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Re: CoD Ghosts: Bad Hype

in reply to starbuckfrack

Oh ps, I love how Ghosts the perfect connection game HAS NO PING BARS OR NUMBER.... I guess they don't want people to see the 200+ ms users in the lobby Smiley Embarassed oh inb4 you say that doesn't matter (ill give you a clue, those high latency players are the ones with high jitter coming from 5000miles away)

Level 6

in reply to Starbuck_OS

As long as your equipment is set up right, those players 5000 miles away should not be showing up in the lobby with you. Unless, of course, you're one of the 5000 miles away players yourself.

"At the end of the match, there remains only ... nuttin 2 say."
Level 62

in reply to Starbuck_OS

Probably more to do with so you don't know if your on one of those fabled dedi servers if the bars where there you would always be able to tell wither you where on p2p or dedis . Bit of a dick move if you ask me .

Level 8
Highlighted

in reply to Starbuck_OS

Starbuck_OS wrote:

Oh ps, I love how Ghosts the perfect connection game HAS NO PING BARS OR NUMBER.... I guess they don't want people to see the 200+ ms users in the lobby Smiley Embarassed oh inb4 you say that doesn't matter (ill give you a clue, those high latency players are the ones with high jitter coming from 5000miles away)

Who said Ghosts had the perfect connection ? Not me. You twisted peoples words to state that . Inaccurate ping bars mean nothing.

That link I posted wasnt your proof of how the code works. All it really does is show rewind time has been there all along. Two years before the release of COD.

No where on that page that I linked does it say rewind time or lag comp punishes players with good connections. So again here we are back to square one with you having no proof or explanation how you are getting punished. All that page shows is a call to StartLagCompensation and doesnt show you what StartLagCompensation actually does.

IF lag compensation back when that was written punishes players for connections it that would mean that in ALL COD games that players were punished, even your precious number 2 thru 6.

Oh and counter strike source uses rewind time. So in your theory you are going to get punished there for having a good connection too. Slothy used rewind time in MW2 which you agreed with so its pretty safe to assume he will use it again as well.

"only thing that matters to me is netcode and from COD2-6 the netcode was as close to perfect as we would ever get. I will forever struggle to understand why they changed the method of compensation to rewind time."

See you contradicted yourself there. You state that the link where Slothy posted was "only" talking about MW2 where "they got it right" talked about using MW2s rewind time. So why would it be hard to understand that they changed the method of compensation to rewind time if they already had it in MW2 ? As a matter of fact Slothy even admitted to adding lag comp (anitlag) to COD since COD2 when he got to IW and improved it in COD4 and MW2.

Now one last thing. Lets just say that lag comp DID punish players for, lets say, the last three games and this one. How come there is not a quote from ANY developer stating thats possible. Sure we have provided proof that it is not possible in some way or another, but from the people that think it IS possible have yet to show a single shred of proof for 3 years from a developer.

Or a GOOD Youtuber. Even Driftor has admitted his videos had mistakes in it but people like OvenBakedMuffin will only post a link to his video with no discussion and never admit his video had some mistakes. .

Level 72

in reply to Brutalkillshots

Brutalkillshots wrote:

SO why doesn't the host have a major advantage in this game ?

as I recall the system is set up to add a very minor gimp to the host. it brings their connection down to the best connection after them (the guy who will likely pull host if you leave) or atleast thats what I recall I might be mistaken as its 3 am here . It does not give a host a disadvantage and they still retain a TINY advantage, but its not the same advantage that they enjoyed in the past

Level 45

in reply to XSIDIS

The game will debut an engine built by the developer, originally described as a new engine, but later clarified to be the same engine as used in previous games with "significant" upgrades. The game will also utilize Umbra Software's rendering tool, Umbra 3, as a way to speed up the rendering process of large environments by an optimization known as occlusion culling – a method of filtering out hidden objects so they are not rendered.

A "New Engine" is one built from the GROUND UP, an "upgraded engine" is just that, an OLD engine with tweaks.

If your engine blew up in your car and only had a few internal parts replaced, it is a REBUILT engine, if they buy a engine that has NEVER BEEN RUN or installed it is new.

If you went to a home appliance store and saw an appliance you liked, say a fridge, and they told you that it was in someones house and it had the compressor replaced, but were charging the "new" price for it because they added a part, would you pay the "new" price, or the used price?

Level 34

in reply to propipe

Just don't tell anyone that the Chevrolet small block 265 cid V8 is the same engine that was in their 2003 Tahoe is the same engine that was in the 1956 Corvette.

"At the end of the match, there remains only ... nuttin 2 say."
Level 62

in reply to propipe

In the end there is no point for a company to create an engine from scratch when you can just get an existing engine, saving time and money.

I don't think we will ever see the COD franchise have a brand new engine that is built from scratch.

Level 47

in reply to XSIDIS

The people complaining are "noobs". Nothing more nothing less. This Call of Duty Ghosts is easily a top 5 COD game IMO Top 3. Plus it seems to take a little more skill than previous CODs which I really like.

Level 9

in reply to Runandgunerring

None of the COD games take a great amount of skill. The less bullets it takes to hit your target, the easier the game, so this game is probably the easiest one ive played, and Ive played them all.

I wouldnt say just because someone doesnt like a particular aspect of the game, they are "noobs", usually the only people who use that term, are in fact, one themselves. This is not in the top 3 of the COD games, sorry, its probably one of the worst, even the review sites that are in activisions pocket gave it lower scores.

Level 2

Studios