CoD Ghosts: Worst CoD multiplayer yet?

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

CoD Ghosts: Worst CoD multiplayer yet?

I was wondering if anybody else thinks this is the worst CoD multiplayer yet?

So far the things that are worrisome:

1)  Time to Kill/Die -  It seems like if you get shot once you are dead.  Is it hardcore for everybody now?  Gone are the days where you could actually get into a gun fight with somebody.

2)  Graphics - I play CoD on the Xbox 360, and it appears that the graphics for Ghosts are a giant step backwards.  The graphics seem like they were an afterthought.  It looks worse than MW2 (which I liked in 2009).  It is 2013, graphics have come a long way but not in this game.

3)  Number of Players - Why limit multiplayer to just 12 people?

4)  Muting players - Maybe I just cant find out how, but does anybody know how to mute just a single player?  In the past you could pull up the lobby info, and scroll down to the player you wanted to mute, but I cant find that now.

I wonder if the graphics of ghosts for Xbox 360 was overlooked due to the fact that the Xbox One will be coming out soon after.

Level 1
34 REPLIES

Re: CoD Ghosts: Worst CoD multiplayer yet?

in reply to muralscotprice

Well for PC (in my experience) Things aren't much better........

Single player Gameplay

Graphics leave alot to be desired (stabbing air to meley kill your op)

Movie outakes out of sync

Super Short Game play lasted less than 5 hrs

Lack of weapons (total of about 6 different guns and shot a rocket launcher twice! and didn't collect grenades till half game)

Was forced to run with the gameplay, no hidden guns or exploring just move,move,move

As for Multiplayer

Well i keep getting errors without any hint of repair or appology from Activision

Battlefield 4 or Arma 3 might be a better choice for me........

Level 1

in reply to OzDaRedEvil

Here is a list of BF4 issues (Not Full), Im on my way back to CoD. Just thought you would like to know.

1, constant crashes.

2, severe frame rate drops on multiple maps.

3, broken support perks.

4, enemies revived beneath the floor.

5, enemies half in the floor half out and invincible.

6, Iron sights not rendering and being a solid black blob.

7, invisible enemies.

8, spawning with no gun.

9, countermeasures NEVER work.

10, no free commander slots.

11, server browser not working.

12, loss of game sound.

13, triangles all over my screen.

14, all players running around backwards for a good five minutes at start of the game.

15, being shot around corners & through cover.

16, system crashes requiring hard reset then no access to psn for about 10 minutes with error code 80710080 (happened several times now).

17, No hit markers for whole games on multiple servers.

18, Upon revive no hit markers until death and full respawn.

19, if revived while accessing my loadout it freezes me to the spot unable to move accept/decline revive or redeploy forcing me to quit server.

20, broken squad perks that reset to zero for only dying once.

21, Squad perks not being earned at all for any in game actions.

22, playing BF4 on 2 systems with my wife results in me being kicked from games when she joins, then she gets kicked also.

23, No reload animations.

24, enemies having green or blue names over their heads.

25, random team kills out in the open when NOT playing hardcore.

26, Randomly exploding for no apparent reason and getting killed in action, again when sprinting through open spaces with on exploding objects near by.

27, Operation locker is unplayable 100% of the time.

28, Glitched xp both being less than what it should be like only 50xp per kill and also being more than what it should be.

29, Servers being full of MANY nationalities causing horrible lag.

30, campaign game data corruptions twice.

31, weapon fire mode randomly switching itself ( I bought a new ps3 pad last week to see if mine was duff).

32, weapon and vehicle attachments changing on their own.

33, battlelog being broken ingame and not showing what my friends are playing even though i can see they are through the XMB.

34, Grenades not able to go through holes in walls & bouncing off like the hole is not there.

35, Grenades not able to go through some doors and bouncing back.

36, Repair tool not working sometimes.

37, being killed whilst disarming the m-coms in rush grants me the xp for the destroy if it detonated.

38, grenades can not be thrown out of containers, you see them leave and land where you intend then you explode and die.

39, being killed while the screen is still black when spawning.

40, killing enemies by spamming while the screen is black when spawning.

41, crashing when attempting to join friends games occasionally.

42, floating laser sights.

43, lasers burned into walls and other objects likely related to issue 42.

44, game sounds muffled if revived while applying a booster until start button is pressed twice.

45, spawning with defibs and other gear items equipped instead of gun.

46, throwing a med kit with a sidearm equipped forces your guy to hold mad kit in hands until you switch weapon leaving you open for easy death.

47, The final shot of the IGLA is useless as you auto weapon switch the moment you fire and are unable to hold the lock for the hit.

Level 7

in reply to BamBoozeLLed

haha, you got that right bud, and that's only 10% off the issues at hand

Level 10

Not sure about worst as I still have nightmares about MW3 but I'm just not getting much fun out of it. I thought it was because the maps are big but most of them aren't, they're just poorly designed. They look like singleplayer levels and favour 'realism' over playability. Too many windows, too many levels, too many routes and no obvious killzones where you're guaranteed a gunfight. Just about every design decision seems to slow the pace of the game down. It's getting boring quicker than any previous COD even though now I'm doing pretty well in it..

Level 18

muralscotprice wrote:

I was wondering if anybody else thinks this is the worst CoD multiplayer yet?

So far the things that are worrisome:

1)  Time to Kill/Die -  It seems like if you get shot once you are dead.  Is it hardcore for everybody now?  Gone are the days where you could actually get into a gun fight with somebody.

2)  Graphics - I play CoD on the Xbox 360, and it appears that the graphics for Ghosts are a giant step backwards.  The graphics seem like they were an afterthought.  It looks worse than MW2 (which I liked in 2009).  It is 2013, graphics have come a long way but not in this game.

3)  Number of Players - Why limit multiplayer to just 12 people?

4)  Muting players - Maybe I just cant find out how, but does anybody know how to mute just a single player?  In the past you could pull up the lobby info, and scroll down to the player you wanted to mute, but I cant find that now.

I wonder if the graphics of ghosts for Xbox 360 was overlooked due to the fact that the Xbox One will be coming out soon after.

OP... I would like to introduce you to Black Ops 2..

You're welcome.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

Time to kill right now is broken due to the fact the lag compensation isnt optimized as it appears in a kill cam you were shot 4-6 times but your screen it appears instant. This is due to your Player C in this scenario where Player A is the host and Player B is the enemy shooting you.  Player A's xbox granted Player B to be half a second ahead of you due to his ping and is receiving lag compensation to offset your connections since you have a better ping to host. Player A's xbox detects  you were killed in 6 shots but since hes ahead of you in the game by half a second your live game catches up to the host and it appears as only half the shots fired landed and is interpreted as a your dead giving you no time to react. Your kill cam shows 6 hitmarkers on you but you might have encountered 2 to 3  due to the quick shift in time by the host trying to catch you up to Player A's current timeline in the game.

So the time to kill isnt bad its the lag comp that is making it seem like instant deaths before people come around corners or otherwise giving you the feeling there is nothing you could have done to prevent it.

The only current best scenario is to be the host and be playing with people in your region that all have good pings to you so therefore minimal compensation is given and then you actually have host advantage. This very relevant when you see lag switchers and I suggest you watch their gameplay as when they lag the game their shots connect instantly  even when game data is lagged out.

Being host and playing with people with mediocre pings your xbox will grant them lag comp against you and will ultimately not allow you any host advantage except for anyone that had a decent ping to you.

Level 7

in reply to NadeGoBoom

Although i agree with what you are saying.. the biggest part of dying too quick is the fact that bullet damage and ALL AR's and SMG's is over 33. This means 3 bullet kills in a majority of engagements, combine that with low recoil/spread weapons and ttk is less than a 1/4 sec on all weapons- some are like less than a 1/10th sec (msbs).

Compared to BO2 for example, there are only 2 guns that are over 33- AN and Scar- both have considerably lower rof.

Damage this high makes it extremely easy to kill even if your aim is soft. It also takes gunfights out of the game which is on some levels disappointing as it sort of makes how you play Core and HC the same.

I know guys have complained and called other games being 'spongey'- but if your aim is right on and your not jumping/dropping; guys went down just fine.

Level 7
Highlighted

in reply to NadeGoBoom

NadeGoBoom wrote:

Time to kill right now is broken due to the fact the lag compensation isnt optimized

This.

Lag comp = broken = GAME BROKEN

HC is even worse. On your screen it will show the enemy running full sprint around corner towards you. (no way he can stop fast enough to shoot you) Then you die instantly out of nowhere, because that guy appearently stopped running and shot you faster then you had time to comprehend what was happening.

Sniping is busted on HC because of this too. Can even count the number of time i fired, heard the shoot, was on target. and then died out of nowhere without getting the kill.

Been playing since COD4, and i actually think i am getting worse at COD because of this game.

Past version have only helped to improve the franchise in some way, This game is a step back the way it is now.

Level 4

in reply to NadeGoBoom

Also be aware that while damage has been increased a bit over past IW CoD titles, overall health in Core modes is reduced below what was once 100%. 70% health in those games is 100% in Ghosts, which ultimately reduces TTK and lowers the absorption sponge rate Core players once took for granted.

It isn't that they're making everything Hardcore, it's that they're phasing HC modes out (clearly just by the number we've been reduced to in the last few games), but in order to keep that hunk of the playerbase buying they have to balance Core down to meet a more happy-medium for both sides. Personally, being a HC player primarily, Core in Ghosts is far more enjoyable than it was in previous titles. I don't get OHK's with most weapons, but I don't feel as though I have to dump a whole clip of AR ammo into someone in order to put them down. Two or three shots does it with most ARs in this game. It isn't a perfect system yet, but they're on the right track for not losing a third of the overall playerbase should they decide to fully nix the whole "Hardcore" label. I honestly expect Advanced Warfare to be closer to 50% maximum health of earlier titles, which really is a good medium for the series to adapt. Titanfall is a good example, it just has standard modes but I don't feel like enemy pilots are sponges, they go down in a fair number of shots to the chest depending on the weapon. This is something CoD should have been doing for years, instead of creating such a huge gap in the playerbase with Core and Hardcore. With all the steps in the wrong direction this game took, this was honestly one of the right ones.

Level 20

Studios