Create-a-Class. What it could be or should be.

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Create-a-Class. What it could be or should be.

Here's my idea:  A create-a-class system similar to "Pick 10" from Black Ops 2, only with improvements.  Please offer your thoughts and opinions. 

*The total amount of points a player is given totals 20, but each specific weapon, perk, equipment, and attachment will have different values. 

*Perks are no longer separated by tiers or color, resulting in the greater amount of combinations. 

*The maximum amount of attachments allowed on each weapon is increased to 5.

*Launchers and Shields are pieces of equipment that are used by pressing Left on the control pad (Xbox, PS), resulting in sidearms and melee weapons being the only secondary (or optional primary)

Custom Class Values:

Primary Weapons/Launchers/Shield = 4 points

Sidearms = 2 points

Perks = 2-3 points

Equipment = 1-2 points

Attachments = 1-2 points

For example:

Primary:

MTAR = 4

Dot Sight = 1

Grip = 1

Suppressor = 1

Fast Mags = 1

Sidearm:

SIG Pro = 2

Suppressor = 1

Perks/Launchers/Shield:

Ghost = 3

Lightweight = 3

Flak Jacket = 3

Equipment:

None

~RUGGED SAVIOR

Level 52
31 REPLIES

Re: Create-a-Class. What it could be or should be.

in reply to RuggedSavior

I sort of like this idea. Would be nice not be limited by perk teir slots or a limited number of attachments or perks. Just would be the total points you had and how you chose to use them for the most effective combination.

Although some would complain if they could not take a second primary for a second weapon as has been allowed for the last several games.

Level 70

in reply to trialstardragon

The default option for a secondary weapon is a sidearm/melee weapon.  The Overkill perk overrides this, but think about how much custom class points would be used as a result.

Example:

Points used 11/20

Primary:

MTAR = 4

2nd Primary:

M1014 = 4

Perks:

Overkill = 3

~RUGGED SAVIOR

Level 52

in reply to trialstardragon

ON parks, you have something like 6 or 8 slots and on the perks available, in the top left corner, it tells you how many slots it takes up, such as deadeye is 5 and takedown is 1. Is that how the perk system works?

Level 3

in reply to RuggedSavior

The idea of launchers as equipment is a great idea. It happens to much that I change from my empty primary to my secondary and being a launcher so I can't shoot the enemy.

Perks open and not in tiers. It's done for balancing issues. They've to rework the perks a lot. Maybe even combined perks already. But than maybe to easy to get to much benefits from them.

More attachments on primary's please yes. Would rock silencer, sight and fast mags a lot.

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaSS is OP. SaND get's everywhere
Level 60

in reply to dtuchpunk

The idea of having launchers via left pad only solves a few issues, such as removing the overkill of having two launchers.  The debate I'm having now is whether or not the shield should be used via left, or as a primary weapon.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

Level 52

in reply to RuggedSavior

i understand this is not the big picture but if you add everthing up at goes to ten which is the same to BO2

Level 10

in reply to iamyourfather

Read again iamyourfather. In BO2 everything is 1 point. So you can take 10 different things.

The idea is that you can spend 20 points but the different items are worth 1 to 4 points.

So you can get 5 items all worth 4 points for the 20 points or 20 items worth 1 points

(note. Probably not real possible but an idea for easy math)

Or you choose 2 perks worth 3 points each. A total of 6

or 2 a bit weaker perks worth 2 points each and 2 attachments worth 1 point each. A total of 6.

The remaining 14 are primairy secundary nade and tactical for example

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaSS is OP. SaND get's everywhere
Level 60
Highlighted

in reply to dtuchpunk

I understand it but im just saying what he put on his example it added up to ten, i just thought it was funny. Its not a bad idea i just thought it was funny.

Level 10

in reply to iamyourfather

how do you only count ten points I cleary see 20 points used by the point values he set. Not trying to be rude just wondering

Level 2

Studios