Dedicated Servers..what's the deal?

SOLVED

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Dedicated Servers..what's the deal?

A lot of us only purchased Ghost because of the supposed Dedicated Servers. Has there been any official word from IW about them?

Level 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dedicated Servers..what's the deal?

in reply to IR3DLIN3
Solution
‎13-11-2013 02:22 AM

All platforms get them . IW is still in release mode for next-gen.

The news was announced by Mark Rubin, executive producer at developer Infinity Ward. Posting on Twitlonger, a service which allows for extended posts on Twitter, Rubin elaborated on Infinity Ward's plans for dedicated servers.

The post details that Call of Duty: Ghosts "will be using a hybrid system of dedicated servers and listen servers".

Rubin cited the inclusion of dedicated servers as part of an "overall plan to improve connectivity".

Level 5
16 REPLIES

in reply to IR3DLIN3

ok so they aren't online yet but tina the community manager tweeted to say they were being brought online soon.  its very likely that the dedicated servers will be sorted on or shortly after the next gen release to save money.

they are supplying the dedis for all platforms so investing in a launch for each system separately wouldn't be very smart when they are likely to be the same servers for all (and no i don't think we will be playing cross platform trolls).

we have a patch coming around the 15th November that will add S&D and likely address some spawn issues etc then end of the month will be dedis.  that's my bet

Level 16

in reply to belly120

I am sure to save money they are warming them up to all be used starting around the 20th.

Level 72

in reply to IR3DLIN3

Well I can say this.

Depending on your location you might never get a dedicated server. They said the game will have both dedicated for the closer players and "P2P" for the ones too far away.

Level 72

in reply to starbuckfrack

Thank you for posting that. . Old timer.

Level 59

in reply to IR3DLIN3

More than likely after the player base for CoD is split by the new consoles. If and/or when it happens will likely be after the holiday shopping season. When they would have more games sold and more of the new consoles likely to be sold.

Level 59
Highlighted

in reply to ChestSplittah

id say xbox one will get them so i keep hearing

Level 16

in reply to IR3DLIN3
Solution
‎13-11-2013 02:22 AM

All platforms get them . IW is still in release mode for next-gen.

The news was announced by Mark Rubin, executive producer at developer Infinity Ward. Posting on Twitlonger, a service which allows for extended posts on Twitter, Rubin elaborated on Infinity Ward's plans for dedicated servers.

The post details that Call of Duty: Ghosts "will be using a hybrid system of dedicated servers and listen servers".

Rubin cited the inclusion of dedicated servers as part of an "overall plan to improve connectivity".

Level 5

in reply to IR3DLIN3

What percentage would you say bought the game solely based on the dedicated servers? And where did you obtain these numbers from? People complain over the lack of dedicated servers and yet whine over "dying too fast". I can't even imagine the whining when dedicated servers are implemented...

Level 1

in reply to KidGlock

Have you noticed the general interest in the Cod community concerning dedicated servers?  There is a huge interest in them and they were also used as a selling point by Mark Ruben himself. I have never had a problem with the ttk in Ghost and enjoy the game to a point. Not sure what the point of your reply was though besides a poor attempt at sarcasm and to whine about other's whining.

Level 2

Studios