Dedicated Servers..what's the deal?

SOLVED

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Re: Dedicated Servers..what's the deal?

in reply to IR3DLIN3

Please provide a link to this study over dedicated server popularity. I'm not sure you even understand the definition of sarcasm because that post did not have a hint of it or even an attempt of it. How was I whining over other peoples whining? Please re-read my post a few times and maybe then you can comprehend what's written. Thanks.

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to KidGlock

we will just have to wait and see.no doubt we will be waiting till next year

Level 16

in reply to IR3DLIN3

I'll be curious to see if they disclose the number of servers and general locations. I hope that since IW is located in the L.A. area that they would start there since I'm in Southern California and am suffering connection issues pretty badly. You would think that highly populated areas should have better connections based on the density of the playing population making it easier to connect to a good host but that doesn't seem to be happening for me or people I play with.

Level 2

in reply to Ollie_Dawg

Yeah, It's been awful these past few days in Ohio as well. I am sub 35 ms ping from Chicago, DC, and New York and I've also had bad host after bad host.  Complete supposition, but I am wondering if they are optimizing the P2P connections for areas that fall outside of dedicated server range.  It would make sense for them to change matchmaking to select hosts outside of this range as well in order to balance connections for p2p when the servers come online.

Level 2

in reply to IR3DLIN3

I live in S.Indiana, and have basically the same scenario as you regarding connection testing. I seem to get host a lot though. I'll just be happy to be getting off work tomorrow and getting the 4 and being done with the PS3 community that has molested their routers to "solve lag comp disadvantage". Yet when the game plays horribly a year later... the morons forget that they paid attention to some cashier from SwiftMart that put up a YouTube video saying,"this how you beat the lag comp in CoD".

Level 59

in reply to IR3DLIN3

Yes.. whats the deal with that?

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to IR3DLIN3

Just remember not to get your hopes up. If you live in an unpopulated area of the US for example you might never see a dedicated server. If you are in the UK you might only see one dedicated server area for the whole region.

It basically will choose which connection is best for you . Dedis or P2P.

Level 72

Studios