Dedicated servers Activisions latest response

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Dedicated servers Activisions latest response

J

@ATVIAssist any updates on dedicated servers for Xbox 360? WE DEMAND TO KNOW! Don't leave us behind! - 20 Nov

Activision Support@ATVIAssist

@_stter We do not have any details or information in regards to dedicated servers available at this time...

Thought I would share, this is the response I received from Activision a few hours ago. If any one else has updates from Activsion please post them on this thread so we can all keep up to date.

But this response does tell me that there are no dedi's running yet and when they will come online is anybodies guess right now!

Level 2
43 REPLIES

Re: Dedicated servers Activisions latest response

in reply to frtthunderpants

That response doesn't fill me with much confidence. And dedicated servers is the only reason I bought Ghosts.

Level 8

in reply to MysticJon1

tomorrow should be the day lol but we'll see

Level 16

in reply to belly120

haha tommorow will not be the day.There has been nothing official to say anything about tommorow.

Level 9

in reply to FishyDizzle

yeah to be fair its far from official but to go live on next gen without them would be total suicide for this game and the franchise... not that they seem to care

Level 16

in reply to belly120

No it won't. They already got our money for this game. And just like every other game, everyone will still buy it. Although not me, this is the last COD I ever buy again.

Level 6

They probably don't even have them. They're Activision after all. They're probably just blowing smoke up our butts to begin with.

Level 4

in reply to Diesel_Fox

They probably do have them but it is not a typical dedicated service like in Battlefield, the real laughable matter here is that they never explicitly stated when they will be in use.

Typical ACTVI, it is never what it seems with them, they are always twisting words and making convoluted statements.

Level 3

That response is a typical, scripted "damage control" answer.  They are not even saying they don't have them, or that they do.  That response broken down and put simply is " we are not talking about it".   Of course they have details and information, just not for the public, you know the ones who pay the bills.

Level 7

While appreciate the fact that next gen will have dedicated servers.  Why would they announce it to begin with for the regular consoles.  I do not get it.  You now just pissed off a community of gamers who had high expectations for this game and the long awaited announcement of dedicated servers.

Level 22

Studios