Do you think there's too much radar assistance?

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Do you think there's too much radar assistance?

Here is the list of radar assisting features in Ghosts (so far):

1. SATCOM Support and Assault Streak

2. Night Owl Support Streak

3. Recon Perk

4. Motion Sensor Equipment

5. Ping Perk

With all of these features currently in Call of Duty: Ghosts, it makes the "Off the Grid" perk too essential to the point where everyone is going to (and might HAVE to) use it.

IMO, the motion sensor equipment should be removed and the SATCOM should be a support only streak.

(I've heard a rumor that the Oracle support streak will also be a radar assisting feature, but I'm not sure).

~RUGGED SAVIOR

Level 52
68 REPLIES

Re: Do you think there's too much radar assistance?

in reply to RuggedSavior

thebiindsniper wrote:

Here is the list of radar assisting features in Ghosts (so far):

1. SATCOM Support and Assault Streak

2. Night Owl Support Streak

3. Recon Perk

4. Motion Sensor Equipment

5. Ping Perk

With all of these features currently in Call of Duty: Ghosts, it makes the "Off the Grid" perk too essential to the point where everyone is going to (and might HAVE to) use it.

IMO, the motion sensor equipment should be removed and the SATCOM should be a support only streak.

(I've heard a rumor that the Oracle support streak will also be a radar assisting feature, but I'm not sure).

~RUGGED SAVIOR

Absolutely made for red dot chasers. Thankfully, off grid counters Sat coms and ping.

Level 28

A red dot chaser like myself, I will have to say that a vast majority of players will use Off the Grid, so I will use what ever I can to find them.  And if you are using OTG and camp you better have Flak Jacket on for my Danger Close tubes.

Level 47

in reply to iivrruummii

iivrruummii wrote:

A red dot chaser like myself, I will have to say that a vast majority of players will use Off the Grid, so I will use what ever I can to find them.  And if you are using OTG and camp you better have Flak Jacket on for my Danger Close tubes.

DC tubes...... cant wait

Off grid, will be a must (for my play style) in domination. I like to cap the enemy flags. 

Level 28

Same. Love capping flags for the points. Off the Grid will be very important. I wish there was a perk that didn't make the flag indicator yellow for the enemy team. That tells them we are capping their flag, and I just wish there was a perk to counter it.

Level 9
Highlighted

in reply to basketball1367

I think that Flak Jacket is more important to capture Dom flags that OTG.

Level 47

in reply to basketball1367

In recent cod games it told you when enemies were capping enemy flags, so I don't see why this is a problem. It flashed and I think the player might hear some dialogue on it. I think not notifying the enemy that a flag is being captured is maybe a little unfair but who knows. This could go two ways: encourage more strategy or encourage more camping on a home flag

Level 2

in reply to iivrruummii

xD. I will have Flak Jacket. You better have quick reflexes and a 6th sense xD.

Level 6

in reply to RuggedSavior

So OTG doesn't help against motion sensors, Recon, and the Night Owl support streak? Gosh, anything in the Stealth variety of perks that does?

Level 6

in reply to RuggedSavior

From what I've seen so far, my main concern about the perks are the point costs for each. I think powerful perks should cost 5 points minimum. As others have pointed out, the perks look like they can be abused. I can see how some of the perk points should be adjusted before release.

As long as perks combinations can be balanced and countered I'm fine. I personally like the fact that you don't have to level to get perks anymore. I hated the idea that every time I prestiged I had to get to level 44 to get Savenger. So, as long as the points per perk is balanced I'm fine with the system.

Level 21

Studios