Do you think there's too much radar assistance?

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Re: Do you think there's too much radar assistance?

in reply to iivrruummii

iivrruummii wrote:

**** you. 

Really?

the game shouldn't have everyone running around with an OP perk that blocks everything from killstreaks, perks, and equipment.

Those killstreaks, perks, and equipment? You mean a camper's best friends.....?

Motion sensor - because that promotes movement?

2 kill Satcoms (hardline) - fantastic! Cant wait for the return of the TF, LMG, Head glitching scrubs... waiting for a red dot to come around a corner - because that promotes movement?

Ping - TF, LMG, Head glitching scrub, now gets a heads up for his next victim - because that promotes movement?

Wiretap - Now, the TF, LMG, Head glitching scrub, gets an Advanced UAV, for getting 2 kills (hardline) plus the stacking of the other teams Satcoms - Really???

I guess I should stop giving you red dot chasers ideas......

iivrruummii wrote:

a team having an AUAV is not going to be as "common" as you think.

See above. Think again

iivrruummii wrote:

In the end you could careless about UAVs as long as you can put OTG on your class without having to give up something in return. 

Im sorry... what does a Motion sensor user, have to give up?

iivrruummii wrote:

It is 2 kills with assault killstreaks when running Hardline.  Which will not be the most overused combo.

That is laughable!

Off The Grid - It counters all of the camper's best friends. Some might say that people would use the perk to... you know.... MOVE.

I wonder why a camper... sorry...red dot chaser....sorry...."skilled" player, would have such a problem with the perk?

Level 28

mdub wrote:

Off The Grid - It counters all of the camper's best friends. Some might say that people would use the perk to... you know.... MOVE.

So what was the problem with BO2's Ghost again?

Level 47

in reply to iivrruummii

iivrruummii wrote:

mdub wrote:

So what was the problem with BO2's Ghost again?

You cant stop to..... reload, cap a flag, allow health to regenerate, shoot down UAV/Counter UAV/kill streaks, ADS while moving without stock ..... to name just a few.

Basically penalizing smart tactics, to cater to the people that need red dots to compete.

OTG is 2 points, and that's where it should/will stay. It's called balance.

Funny how I told you why Treyarch allowed quickscoping.... it was required for balance = snipers had to move for Ghost to work. You couldnt wrap your brain around that.

Strange how Ghosts has a proper Anti UAV perk, and now IW is claiming quickscoping got a nerf. Hmmmmmm......

Dont worry... I dont expect you to wrap your brain around that either.

Level 28

You could stop anytime.  Things like capping a flag and shooting down killstreaks would allow the enemy team to know where you are at anyways, so i don't see how it makes any difference.  As for reloading and regenerating health, you didn't have to stop moving for these either.  If you ran a silenced SMG that would make sense because you want to stay off the radar when shooting and it would be the easiest to stay on it when moving.

I just think it is quite hypocritical when you say that people will use it to move then say that BO2's Ghost was bad because you couldn't stop.

I don't think there is any smart tactics involved when you are just hiding from kilstreaks, etc.  When you don't were a perk like OTG is when smart tactics become involved.  The enemy knows where you are at and you have to plan on that.  Anyone can run around with a perk that blocks you from UAVs, but it takes a more brave and skillful player to run without it.

Level 47
Highlighted

in reply to iivrruummii

iivrruummii wrote:

You could stop anytime

And Ghost would stop working. What other perk, in BO2, required anything other than just equipping it? That's not balance.

iivrruummii wrote:

reloading and regenerating health, you didn't have to stop moving for these either

I get it... you dont want players to use the most basic tactics. Move, shoot, cover, reload. Move, shoot, cover, reload. Better penalize them with becoming a red dot.

iivrruummii wrote:

I just think it is quite hypocritical when you say that people will use it to move then say that BO2's Ghost was bad because you couldn't stop.

I get it.... everyone must be moving at all times. We would never want different tactics in the game.

iivrruummii wrote:

I don't think there is any smart tactics involved when you are just hiding from kilstreaks, etc. 

I get it.... you require red dots to compete.

iivrruummii wrote:

Anyone can run around with a perk that blocks you from UAVs, but it takes a more brave and skillful player to run without it.

Yep.... those "brave" players using Motion Sensor. Yep....those "brave" players, head glitching, waiting for red dots to come around the corner.

"Skillful" players, dont need red dots to compete.

You said, and I quote... "The better player is a player that can run anything no matter what and achieve victory, aka me."

Then why do you need the developers, to cater to your specific style/opinion, of how the game should be played? Why do you need play styles, other than your own, penalized?

I dont need the developers to hold my hand.

Level 28

in reply to iivrruummii

iivrruummii wrote:

I just like how you take the lowest point instead of the average.  It just shows that you are only looking at one point and completely missing everything else.

It is 3 kills with assault killstreaks.

It is 2 kills with assault killstreaks when running Hardline.  Which will not be the most overused combo.

It is 4 kills with support killstreaks.

It is 3 kills with support killstreaks when running Hardline.

The average there is 3 kills.  So on average it will take 12 average kills for a team to get an "Advanced UAV".  Not to mention Satcoms are easier to find and spot on the ground with perks like Sitrep.  So a team having an AUAV is not going to be as "common" as you think.

It is going to  be common, we have already seen how the UAV > BV combo was spammed in MW3. That was a late-ish discovery in that game, but now its known. Those same people that spammed UAV > BV in MW3 are gong to come right out of the gates in Ghosts with it, you know thats a fact. So yeah, UAV spam is going to prevalent, again, upon launch of a COD game.

Level 25

in reply to JobIessMoney

Really? Reallyyyyy? Black ops was balanced? Ghost pro anyone? I agree on all except flak jacket for b.o.2. That game you needed toughness and it was really annoying. It's still annoying how flinching is still in these games

Level 6

in reply to RuggedSavior

Can't believe they're bringing back the motion sensor.

It made Assassin a necessity at times especially when you had the entire opposing team placing portable radars all over the map in MW3.

Level 51

in reply to vims2011

I'm not quite sure how the motion sensor works this time.  In the few videos I saw, it didn't produce that sonar wave every few seconds. 

Off topic a bit, but I am also upset about how Tactical Insertions were removed (as far as we know).  Let's hope it's only because of the game being in alpha.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

Level 52

in reply to vims2011

Motion sensor wasn't the thing that made assassin a necessity...the uav barrage that went on every match did. combined with the fact of just how much assassin did in mw3...you'd be a fool to NOT take it over the other options

Level 6

Studios