Does anyone else have to warm up???

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Does anyone else have to warm up???

I usually have time after the lady goes to bed to stay up and jam for about 12-15 games. I usually shut down around 12:00-12:30 (US Central Time), which in my opinion is the the particular part of the day when the hard-core savant players rear their ugly faces, making it pretty intense.

Anyway, now that I've had CoD:Ghosts for a few weeks, and I've got ~18 hr logged, I've noticed that my 1st two-three games are usually terrible. Say what you will about quick-scoping, but I think it's the most enjoyable way to play the game, but I can't hit any of my shots when I first start up. By game 3, I'm hitting all my drags and corner sweeps, as well as good old fashioned sniper kills.

I'm wondering if this is a common thing for the rest of you. I do distance road riding and used to play soccer in high school, so I'm familiar with the concept warming your body up, but I didn't think that the ability to move your fingers quickly fell into the same category.

Thots & Opinions on this: another shitty post!

--Thanks

Level 1
19 REPLIES

Re: Does anyone else have to warm up???

in reply to ProfessorZZZ

I am the same way. I don't snipe, however I like to go into squads and crank my sensitivity up 2 or 3 notches for 3 or 4 games. I then go online and set my sensitivity back to where I normally play and it helps my accuracy immensely. Warming up definately helps in my opinion.

Level 9

in reply to ProfessorZZZ

It can vary for me... I have improved my game pretty well over the past few CoDs and can go in and do well right from the get-go most times now.

I still, however, like to play a few matches of Squads first. I feel like it gets me into Game Mode. Since I only play HC, having to play Core in Squads really helps me get my focus to hold my aim on target and get my timing down on my lethal grenade throws.

Sometimes, however, if I jump right into a match I dominate. It may just be because I am fresh and ready to go. My eyes aren't fantastic, and I find that when I start getting tired, my game really suffers. I miss things, and my aim gets progressively worse.

In general, warming up to me is preferable, but with limited playing time these days if I can get into a match with friends right away I am just fine with that.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to ProfessorZZZ

I jump into squads for a few rounds if no clan members are online or are busy on something else, I definitely need a warming up game or two, gets the old noggin and fingers warmed up, that's a good idea Filthy BTW, crank up the sensitivity in Squads.

tiredness can be an issue for me too (health reasons)

How about when you stop gaming though? if i go into the kitchen to make a coffee i feel like the Tasmanian devil on uppers!

Level 1

in reply to ade_bow

You ever driven anywhere right after an intense session? It can be a bit scary lol

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador
Highlighted

in reply to ProfessorZZZ

Yup, ALWAYS warm up with a game or two of Squads. You earn a little bit of XP doin it too!

Level 2

in reply to ProfessorZZZ

I've always got to warm up. I usually play a Squads match to get my game face on. My sniper shots are a little off when I first jump in, but after a match or two, im nailing more shots.

Level 43

in reply to Shadowelite555

Warm up matches are a must in most cases. Seems as though the general consensus, and I have to agree. As rondre3000 put it, not only do you get warmed up but you earn some xp along the way. filthy3627's suggestion of cranking up the sensitivity sounds good too, I'll have to try that. To the op ProfessorZZZ, remember that the brain too is a muscle and could also use a warm up as well.

Level 2

in reply to xXBLUDWULFXx

Brain is not a muscle my friend...it's an organ...like lungs...skin...kidneys.

Level 33

in reply to YO VLUD

May not be a muscle but the brain needs warming just like a muscle does. Also sniping hasa lot to do with muscle memory so warming up triggers that sense.

Level 1

Studios