Does anyone else think that KC needs more of a reward for collecting dog tags?

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Does anyone else think that KC needs more of a reward for collecting dog tags?

I don't think there's much of an incentive now to collect dog tags, both team and enemy.

I've seen plentiful times where team mates just run for advantage spots for kills, but don't pick up dog tags some 10ft in the opposite direction. I think there should be some reward for picking these up, seeing as its easy for players to pick off enemies from a distance, but refuse to go to the front line to pick them up.

Does anyone else agree/disagree?

Level 3
16 REPLIES

Re: Does anyone else think that KC needs more of a reward for collecting dog tags?

in reply to markleshark71

Yes. BO2's kill confirmed was absolutely fantastic. Its still possible to encourage people to PTFO without it leading to killstreak spam.

Level 31

Re: Does anyone else think that KC needs more of a reward for collecting dog tags?

Agree. I play kc a lot like the combination of tdm and objective play. You've to switch from slow stealth to run and gun for the tags.

I hate people not getting the tags. But how so it's still in balance don't know.

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaSS is OP. SaND get's everywhere
Level 60

in reply to dtuchpunk

Well i think any 2 tags should count as a point to your killstreak. In some maps i prefer to run & gun (not very good tho aha) but  i pick up plenty tags, but at the moment i dont get anything towards even a sat cam

Level 3

People's obsession with k/d always kills the objective mode games.

Perhaps only when a tag is collected should the kill be counted in your stats. That's the best way of solving it, You'll probably find that hardly anyone will play KC then though?

It's a travesty that IW have gone back to killstreaks, away from the scorestreaks introduced in BLOPS2

Level 2

I disagree. The incentive to pick up tags is the win. I don't know what it is with kids these days thinking they should get a prize for doing what you are supposed to do. Silly. Pick up tags because that is the point of the game! Jump on the flag in Dom , who cares if it gives you a bar on your killstreak. Its the whole point of the game!!!!!

Damn participation trophies....

Activision Ambassador

in reply to gotsomestars

But of everyone goes for kills, who's there to get the tags? Although its to win the game, people on the front line would naturally pick them up, thus winning the game, but they would get less kills than the long range folk

Level 3

in reply to gotsomestars

While many people may agree with you (myself included), you're making the big assumption that getting the win is a worthy incentive.  Speaking from experience and as a guy who regularly goes lone wolf there are plenty of players who could care less about the win.  You can still get a ton of XP, rack up kills, and still lose.

If you want people to play an objective game play correctly you sometimes have to give them an incentive to do so and I would argue that for most a win isn't it.

Level 13

in reply to avngr9

i agree but this can also be looked at as if i go 30-5 on KC i gave my team a chance at 30 points and the enemy team a chance for 5 i see that as still playing the objective on KC as kills get tags. yes if you don't get the tag your team doesn't get the points but this is a team game you don't have to get every single tag you produce your team can get your tags also. so the whole people just want to pad there K/D is a joke it could be there play style i know i personally wont run for a tag if i get the kill long distance or if its in the open in a hot spot. that's just suicide and getting killed is who the other team can win

Level 22

in reply to Bubbakush1

True, i also wouldn't run into a hotspot/choke point, or run halfway across the map to get it, but still i think those that do should benefit more

Level 3

Studios