Does it make a difference what flags you take in Domination?

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Re: Does it make a difference what flags you take in Domination?

in reply to KujaTribal

This is wrong and contradictory.

Level 10

in reply to Fang_1192

It's not, I triple cap every game and I haven't lost a dom game in weeks.  Its the way to win, the only reason people don't do it because they're too worried about their precious KDR

Level 1

in reply to KujaTribal

Or they play solo and don't like getting shot in the back. Or losing two flags because the spawns go wonky. You act like you're above worrying about your kdr but completely dismiss other possibilities. Is someone projecting?

Level 10

in reply to barenjager001

You tend to want to break the map into two parts: your team's part and the enemy's part. So, on a map like Freight or Warhawk go for A and B or B and C. This way you can push the enemy team into their base/flag and it's much easier to defend your team's setup. Of course on Stonehaven and Strikezone, it's good to have A and C since it's easier to hold a team in their B base on those maps.

Level 5

It's usually the beginners who triple cap, almost always if you triple cap you will lose the other two flags or nearly lose them within seconds, because opponents will re-spawn all over the place. I always catch our spawn flag and go for B and try and hold B. It's when you have a beginner who insists on going to opponents flag and capture it and then the game goes to crap.

Level 32
Highlighted

Honestly, yes it does. You do not always want to go for A/B or B/C since B is the middle, it may not always be the closest to another point. You need to make sure that when you capture one, you are going to go for the other one that is in a tactical position to move from one another for a constant team effort of maintaining those flags.

Level 3

Here are a few of my party's opinions (they are obvious probably but maybe wrong as well?) about maps that you should have specific sides and such. 

Ones that we always do for sure

Stonehaven - yea A/C you can just camp all castle entrances

Prisonbreak - yep A/B

Siege - A/B - it seems like half of the map occurs BEFORE the C spawn, lol

Here are ones we usually go for but don't actually have valid sources proving correct.

Whiteout - AB, it's closer to B than C is, and the B entrance from C side has much better visibility than the trees and hill on the A side entrance

Stormfront - AB,  again, it is much closer and the A/B building is easier to control than the C side

Octane - CB - you have the broken corner perch of the C building and then you have the Gas station roofs, they can see deeper into the A side than the reverse.

Chasm - A/B - the A side seems to cap B easier since there are initially only 2 major entrances for the C people to show up from, whereas the reverse has 3 major entrances

These are the ones we would like to know officially ourselves if there is an answer

Warhawk, I honestly prefer C side more because I think it's easier to defend C flag from that side's window building.

Strikezone - we've always done AB with reliance of sentry guns down the main two avenues while camping the Kitchen and Bar entrance on the far end by C, but I can totally see how AC just makes more sense.

Tremor - we usually do well KD wise on this one but it's just a rotation of which two flags we have

Flooded - A/C - 3 people defending each, both on the same side of the street

Sovereign and Overlord are two much like tremor we don't really know which is best to have.   But having B is best for both I would assume.

--------

If anyone has info on the new maps that would be cool too

Level 7

Went through and re-read all the replies. Figured I could thank everyone in one shot for replying and giving tips. This is why I read the forums. Players helping other players. No negative feedback in this particular feed. Thanks again

Level 3

Studios