Does it make a difference what flags you take in Domination?

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Does it make a difference what flags you take in Domination?

Had a "discussion/argument" today on a Domination map. Can someone tell me whether or not it matters which flags you capture/hold(2 at a time) to win? Does it matter if it's A/B, B/C, A/C etc? I said it doesn't. Thanks for not making me feel to dumb with your answers.

Level 3
27 REPLIES

Re: Does it make a difference what flags you take in Domination?

in reply to barenjager001

It would really depend on the map and your team, I'd imagine.

I think the typical expectation is to hold A/B or B/C since you spawn in either A or C and B is the next closest Flag. But it would also make sense to get A/C, as B is a hotly contested flag usually in an exposed section of the map. Doing so, you might trap the enemy in the middle of the map.

With Dom, all you need is two flags and the win is pretty much guaranteed.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

Thank you. That was my response as well and was disagreed with pretty strongly. Take 2 no matter which ones and win the game. I understood the "spawn" factor, but with these maps, the spawns don't seem to matter much. Thanks again for the response.

Level 3

If you're on my team and you take the B flag on Strikezone or Stonehaven, especially Stonehaven, I will murder you somehow. Other than that just grab the closest flag to your home flag.

Level 10

in reply to Fang_1192

I get Stonehaven as capping B will most likely lose you the game, but Strikezone? I rush B on that map and I don't believe I have ever lost that map on Dom. One to two ppl can hold B for the whole game.

Level 9

in reply to Gunzby

On strike zone and stonehaven a and c is a better choice because of the layout. With a good team you can take whatever flags you want. But playing with randoms is a whole different beast.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to Gunzby

why is capping B on stoneheaven bad?

Level 12

in reply to bigjon00

Because of how the spawns work.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to bigjon00

You can easily get trapped spawning at B and the other team can just set up shop sniping anyone that leaves the castle. Done it to people and had it happen to me a bunch of times.

Level 48

Don't you watch youtube?  Flags don't mean anything!  You're supposed to go for kills and nothing else..plus, it gives you a chance to "hit sick clips".....

I hate domination because nobody ever goes for the flags...winning every match easily against kill whores and quickscopers gets old quickly.

Level 33

Studios