Everyone who thinks the maps are way too big.....

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Everyone who thinks the maps are way too big.....

I'm curious to know your playstyle. Are you a run and gunner?

The only reason I ask, is because I don't really see a problem with the maps. I can see where somebody that is used to using only SMGs would think the maps are way too big, based on the bigger open areas.

This game caters more to assault rifle use as opposed to the previous two COD installments that catered to SMGs.

We've all had to adapt before, and it seems that we will have to again.

Level 8
45 REPLIES

Re: Everyone who thinks the maps are way too big.....

in reply to Dyn4mics1

The twitchy crack heads are the ones who complain. It doesn't take "skill" to run and gun, just fast reflexes.

Level 3

in reply to CBZ71

CBZ71 wrote:

The twitchy crack heads are the ones who complain. It doesn't take "skill" to run and gun, just fast reflexes.

Couldn't help but laugh hard at this post.

Call of Duty is a twitch shooter, but fast reflexes isn't "skill"? LOL. The best players in Call of Duty ARE the ones with the fastest reflexes.

As to the OP - I'm an AR player who likes to play a stealthy, flank-centered game. Suppressors, off the radar, constantly being a thorn in the enemy team.

Coming off of Black Ops 2, I felt those maps were really good size that were conducive to some very good flow on those maps. That's what these maps don't have. Too big? Sure. But the problem is perpetuated by the fact that the spawn system is on two extremes right now - either WAY too close to the action, or WAY TOO FAR from the action.

What it needs is a balance of something in between. That of course, doesn't help with the campy nature of these maps, but it's a start

Level 18

in reply to Tick7

Agreed, I'm typically an AR or longer range SMG player, also like LMGs on close quarter maps, but black ops you could always assess a flow, and go with it. A proven technique was look at the radar, if your friends are all in one area, go the opposite to find enemies. Not so, in ghosts, now, they're everywhere. So many times, in dom, i've spawned on B, which is always the most contested hot zone. I'm a K-D player, meaning I like a high W-L and a high K-D, and I can't tell you how bad my K-D is because of all this free spawn crap.

Also, while I agree with you on "twitch reflexes" I think it's much harder to run and gun on these maps, because of how large they are, so many areas to be sniped from, etc. It's totally ridiculous. I think there are some major improvements needed, although I'll take the weekend to test out the patch to see the improvements before I say anything about the update.

Level 1

in reply to Dyn4mics1

I myself don't really have a play style I'm not very good to begin with. I mainly just play what fits the map I'm playing. But after a few hours last night it seems like everything is to spread out, maybe after some time I will learn the flow of battle and not spend so much time running around. As far a weapons go there will still be a lot of SMG use as long as there are so many buildings and close areas.

Level 1

in reply to Dyn4mics1

TThe maps are perfect size and you have to use a diffrent play style in ghosts compared to bo2 you have to be slow and check your corners this isn't a run n gun game if you do you will die a lot.....

Level 2

in reply to Jacomofo

If I hear one more person say "check your corners" I'm gonna go f**king insane. Check your corners? I go into a room, it has at the very least 4 corners, probably more thanks to weird bits of scenery etc. So I "check my corners". If I check one corner, but a camper is in another corner, I'm not gonna f**king have time to check the other corners am I? He's obviously going to shoot me before that. "Check your corners", Jesus Christ.

Level 2

in reply to Boddrick

Because theres no way you can see more than 1 corner at once, nor is it possible to throw any sort of lethal or tactical in a room...

Level 35

in reply to Boddrick

You mean check the corners, the thirteen entrances, and the 7 windows in pretty much any given area.

Level 4

in reply to Dyn4mics1

The map size and complexity make it so that this game takes no skill. almost every game i've played so far has had half of the enemy team hiding in corners. I played a game of HC KC yesterday and the entire team did nothing but pick a corner and hide. I actually like to run around and play the game instead of sweating in a corner like this is league play or something.

Level 22

Studios