Get back to basics and make COD great again!

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Re: Get back to basics and make COD great again!

in reply to Noctis_Everto1

Maybe it's just me then. When I kill or get killed by someone in a FPS game, I never have thought "wow, what a cute outfit they were wearing". I guess I just have no fashion sense.

Level 19
Highlighted

in reply to lewdmouth

Im sorry you think that way, it sounds very...limited. Why is it that you downplay it so much? YOU are making it that way and saying its a "fashion statement" or that other players think the uniforms are "cute" seems childish of you.

Its more like: Heres a list of a bunch of items you can unlock by completing challenges, play and complete these challenges to create your personal squad of soldiers, stand out from the rest.

In truth, the number of items is limited, and im sure the "micro-items" will be guns, camos, and yes more customization options. But ill gladly pay for what appeals to me, so I can put even the slightest bit of my personality in game to make it more immersive.

To be honest, I actually TRY to stay alive, but still be a good member of my team. This ends in me topping the boards, with minimal deaths. I play better. Why? I think its because since I named my soldiers after my online persona, and some real life friends. Even made them look similar, at least in some way. The last few are characters I liked from Other CoD games, Sgt. Griggs, Simon "Ghost" Riley, and soon Logan or Elias (Using Team leader) from the campaign.

I don't think they're uniforms are cute, they just best fit the personality of the soldier Im trying to create. It's called being creative. It doesnt make you gay or a loser to do so, even in a game.

Level 7

in reply to Noctis_Everto1

Noctis Everto wrote:

Im sorry you think that way, it sounds very...limited. Why is it that you downplay it so much? YOU are making it that way and saying its a "fashion statement" or that other players think the uniforms are "cute" seems childish of you.

Its more like: Heres a list of a bunch of items you can unlock by completing challenges, play and complete these challenges to create your personal squad of soldiers, stand out from the rest.

In truth, the number of items is limited, and im sure the "micro-items" will be guns, camos, and yes more customization options. But ill gladly pay for what appeals to me, so I can put even the slightest bit of my personality in game to make it more immersive.

To be honest, I actually TRY to stay alive, but still be a good member of my team. This ends in me topping the boards, with minimal deaths. I play better. Why? I think its because since I named my soldiers after my online persona, and some real life friends. Even made them look similar, at least in some way. The last few are characters I liked from Other CoD games, Sgt. Griggs, Simon "Ghost" Riley, and soon Logan or Elias (Using Team leader) from the campaign.

I don't think they're uniforms are cute, they just best fit the personality of the soldier Im trying to create. It's called being creative. It doesnt make you gay or a loser to do so, even in a game.

Maybe there will be a download for a suit called Magnum. When you turn left towards your opponent, they temporarly freeze from the pure beauty of the suit, allowing you precious time to kill them.

Zoolander Magnum 10 minutes - YouTube

Level 19

in reply to MadMike2099

First of all if you have dedicated servers you still NEED lag comp. ALL online games have lag comp.

Game is rated M for a reason yet (in america) there is NO law that prevents a ten year old from buying or playing the game.

No offense but if you want an intelligent discussion you need to think before you post too.

Oh and "the basics" of COD never included dedicated servers.

The didnt release a beta but yet you still bought it. Nice way to stick to your guns.

Level 72

in reply to starbuckfrack

I should have stated that Lag Comp should be addressed rather than removed. So thank you for that. As far as the age issue is concerned I never said there was a law that prevented them from buying the game. I simply said the devs should not cater to that fan base.

Oh and thanks for the snide remark regarding my intelligence. Very mature

Level 3

in reply to MadMike2099

Your welcome but I did not call you unintelligent . I never insulted you. I just said you need to think before you post. Notice the words "no offense" before I posted ? Would you have me rather post "well I read your posts but I dont think you thought out every part of each of your posts before you replied". See you still would have said the same thing.

ONLINE portion of the game is not rated M for mature it is unrated. They are allowed to cater to whomever they wish if they are allowed to sell to children. Its not like they are making a cartoon camel selling cigarettes.

and you admitted that point 3 was poorly worded. If you had thought about that sentence before you hit reply there wouldnt be any question would there ?

You didnt say "no more lag comp issues" you said "no more lag comp". And even WITH dedicated servers you are still going to have lag comp issues. They arent some kind of magical wand to make the problems go away. If you have 100 PING to both the Host or the Server in both cases you will have problems.

PS Edit button is to the right of your post

Level 72

No law to prevent a 10 year old from buying this game? I was in a Best Buy when a worker told a guy he could not sell him GTA V because he was only 16, and that it's a thousand dollar fine to him/the company if he does sell the game to him.

Level 1

in reply to Xmas_Hat

Thats not a law. Thats a corporate policy. No law in America will fine that employee.

Just because he TOLD him that doesnt make it true. I would probably say the same thing to cover my ass.

For example selling beer to minors . You see those signs all over the store that people can get fined. I dont see a sign saying at Gamestop anyone can get fined for selling a video game.

Check out the ESRB website and you will not find a single law.

Level 72

in reply to Xmas_Hat

Directly from the ESRB website

Is it illegal to sell or rent M (Mature) or AO (Adults Only) rated games to customers under 17 and 18 years of age respectively?

A ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court in 2011 found that video games are a constitutionally-protected form of expression, and that laws restricting their sale or rental based upon violent content are unconstitutional. That said, ESRB supports retailers' voluntary policies restricting the sale or rental of M (Mature) and AO (Adults Only) computer and video games in the United States and Canada to customers who are at least 17 and 18 years of age, respectively (unless permission from a parent has been obtained). Through efforts such as the ESRB Retail Council (ERC) and a strong commitment on the part of major video game retailers, retail stores have vastly improved the rate at which they comply with their store policies, as measured both by the ERC mystery shopper audits as well as audits conducted by the FTC. More information on federal, state and local regulations in the U.S. is available through the websites of the Entertainment Merchants Association (EMA) and Entertainment Software Association (ESA). In Canada, you may contact the Entertainment Software Association of Canada (ESA Canada) or the Retail Council of Canada (RCC).

If I told you UFOs were real would you believe that too ?

Now the UK THAT is a different story. THERE it is illegal to sell them to kids but kids still have a right to play them. It is covered in the Xbox Live Terms of Use that a child may play a video game under parents supervision or if the parent allows it.

Level 72

Yeah, I don't live in the US

Level 1

Studios