Get back to basics and make COD great again!

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Re: Get back to basics and make COD great again!

in reply to lewdmouth

Sorry but votes on sites like that and internet polls can be fixed.

Lets see whats wrong with that site right off the bat.

1) You can vote then clear your history and then vote again repeatedly without ever having to sign in once. So after an hour you can screw up a ton of votes. I made two votes. One saying "Best of them all" and another saying "Beest of them all". Watch, once they are approved my quotes will both show up.

2) Its got Modern Warfare 2 as the best game which is false. It was the most widely hacked and unpatched game of the series.

3) You say for the past three years COD has been in decline. But according to that site MW3 and Black Ops are near the top.

You want to pick a source pick a REAL source.

Level 72

in reply to starbuckfrack

Okay, find me any internet poll that shows COD Ghost, BO1 or 2, MW3 at the top. Prove me wrong, don't just say I am wrong. Every poll I have seen shows COD 4 or MW2 as the best COD games. The sales of any COD games past MW2 are mostly from knee jerk, brand, marketing or nostalgic reasons. The games themselves have been slowly getting worse (mostly netcode issues) but some lack of creativity and little support. The lower sales are finally hitting after years of regression in game quality.

Level 19

in reply to lewdmouth

Again . Internet polls can be tweeked and twisted to provide whatever information you want . So why would I post a link to a poll that can be fixed ?

EDIT I just PROVED you wrong by voting, clearing my history and voting AGAIN. You link was not a good poll. Just admit it.

And again that is your opinion and not fact . Sales in video games in the past year have ALL taken a decline.

Level 72
Highlighted

in reply to starbuckfrack

Video Game Retail Sales Decline, Digital Up in July - Yahoo Finance

Video game retail sales continued to decline in July. According to market research firm NPD, sales plunged 19.3% to $443.0 million from $549.1 million reported in Jul 2012

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/07/arts/video-games/video-game-retail-sales-decline-despite-new-hits....

In the first eight months of this year retail sales of video games plummeted 20 percent in the United States. That followed a lackluster performance in 2011, when sales fell 8 percent. An analysis on the Web site Gamasutra this year said it was possible that 2012 would be the worst year for retail video game software and hardware sales since 2005.

REAL sources. Not opinion.

One of the most recent ....

Gamasutra - Another month of retail video game decline in the US

Analysts at the NPD Group say that retail sales across the video game industry were down 22% in December, from $4.1 billion in 2011 to $3.21 billion this time around.

22 percent ?? Thats about the difference in Black Ops 2 sales Vs Ghosts.

Level 72

in reply to lewdmouth

I don't know about a list that puts MW3 above WaW. 

Level 39

in reply to Yppecaye_the_Dogged

I agree with that. WAW was a much better game. The trend with most polls show COD 4 and MW2 at the top and Ghosts at the bottom.

Level 19

in reply to lewdmouth

Don't put too much stock in polls.

Just like asking people who the greatest Quarterback ever to play in the NFL, or the Greatest Basketball Player of all Time... or anything asking people to rank things from different eras.... you are never going to get the "right" answer, because there is none.

People like the different games for different reasons. Most of us love WaW and COD4 for sentimental reasons. We had never seen anything like it before, and had hours and hours playing it... for fun. As the game grew and the population playing the game grew and became diverse, the Devs were challenged to keep trying to move forward and improve. Some of the things they did were a huge success, other things a disaster. But the funny thing about this community is... you will never get 100% agreement on what those successes and failure are (or were). One will shout about "Quickscoping", another will say how much fun they have doing it. One will scream about "One Man Army", the next will tell you how much fun they had using it. The Devs are challenged every year to put out a game that feels like Call of Duty, but also has new elements. We like to think its easy, but most of us are viewing the game through blinders, seeing only what WE want and what makes us happy.

Polls don't tell you anything but what that random sampling (tends to be less random on the internet, someone had to frequent that site and might be swayed by how that site portrays the games) thinks. Nor does it tell you why they feel that way. So I would drop the polls as an argument and just argue your own point.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to MadMike2099

I haven't played a game since the end of November and went back to bo2 and haven't looked back since. Got to say what a good decision for me because I love to run around and in ghosts you can still do it but it just isn't as fun. There is too many people camping it up. Whether they just took a 5 second rest or had to reload in the corner (before you come up with reasons for it) or not there just isn't enough movement in the game for my liking.

Maybe I can't adapt or whatever bullocks some of you say, for a lot of people the game is boring and I don't want to move 'tactically' having to check so many little hiding spots or hurt my eyes just to see if someone is sat somewhere because they blend so well into the background.

If you don't like the game get back on black ops and get them numbers up (doubt they are that far behind ghosts anyway) cos at least that game was enjoyable, frustrating sometimes but fun non the less. And if you hated bo2 as well then, sucks to be you, God knows what game you want.

Level 6

in reply to TheDonCartagena

TheDonCartagena wrote:

I haven't played a game since the end of November and went back to bo2 and haven't looked back since.

Ahhh... I love seeing the COD lifecycle running it's course.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

in reply to RAN Kismet

Black ops 2's life cycle is getting a good run out of me.

Level 6

Studios