Ghosts Appreciation Thread

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Re: Ghosts Appreciation Thread

in reply to RuggedSavior

Extinction mode is WAY better than zombies;

Yeah that's why masses more people play Extinction than Zombies. oh wait....

Level 21

in reply to Carvalho16

Pepsi and Coca-cola. Two different flavors to the same formula.

Level 43
Highlighted

in reply to Shadowelite555

The Black Ops 2 Zombie section (Worst zombies in the series) of the COD forum had more topics than any other sections in Blops II, including the PS3 and 360.

The Extinction section of this forum only has more activity than the Off Topic section and even less than the Wii-U.

The 2 different flavors analogy is correct if you have Zombies as Coca-Cola and Extinction as Caffeine-Free Diet Sprite.

It's like trying to claim Gun Game is a better mode than Team Deathmatch.

Level 21

in reply to Carvalho16

pretty sure sprite doesn't contain caffeine in any of its varieties dude. Just sayin'

Level 24

in reply to Carvalho16

Here's what I can compare between zombies and aliens.  I can either:

A.  Play zombies, a mode that takes 2 hits for me to die and a storyline that became very convoluted.  The only way to understand the story is if I completed various tasks that are impossible unless I Google the steps.  Also, everyone is the same in terms of abilities, with or without perk-a-colas.  Sure, there are positive elements like pack-a-punch, song playing easter eggs, and very atmospheric maps.  However, the experience heavily depends upon story and enjoyment, and zombies has lacked in both categories in the recent installments.

B. Play extinction, a mode that doesn't allow me to die so quickly, which keeps me interested in the game.  No more hard-to-understand story elements (especially with the easy-to-find intel items).  There are clear objectives that motivate people to advance the plot and complete challenges with more optimism.  There are more varied enemy types and even some awesome boss fights at the end of the newer levels.  Lastly, every player is unique in terms of their abilities, resulting in a more varied experience that also requires some considerable planning and effort.  Granted, the challenge may not be "hardcore" (unless you set it that way), and the map locations may lack ingenuity in their design.  But as far as I'm concerned, I enjoy fighting aliens more because they aren't "overdone" like zombies.

We all have our opinions, and I've expressed mine while outlining the pros and cons of each presented side.  Don't get me wrong--I don't hate zombies.  I just don't enjoy it as much as I used to.  Now, if Treyarch stepped up their game for 2015, then I'll be impressed.  I guess we just have to wait.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

Level 52

in reply to OdinxGaleWind

LOLD.

Level 11

The boards are probably more like 75 percent complaining but just like in real life the complaints will sho up more than the thank yous.

Its like a manger of a restaurant, not many people are going to go out of their way and call back saying how perfect everything was about their meal.

Level 72

in reply to starbuckfrack

They say if you're a doctor you feel that the whole world is sick.

Level 24

I tried this about two weeks ago.

Being that DLC #2 is right around the corner...

I hope you have better luck than I did.

Level 12

It's in the top three cods for me and in my opinion there's something for everyone, fast SMG and shotty maps, medium sized where a mixture of guns can be used and big maps such as Stonehaven and Stormfront for the sniper boys.

This game is not all for Snipers, it's not all SMGs, it's not all LMGs and some people don't like that, they don't like the fact the game is not all how they like to play.

AR's might be an obvious choice of gun but to me that makes sense, it holds the middle ground with long LMGs\ Snipers at one end and Shotgun\SMGs at the other.  Slide the balance too far one way and it's very hard to not make the other end useless.

Some complain about the bigger maps because they like to tear around at 1000miles an hour with an SMG, these twitch kids are one-trick ponies who have only their fast reactions to keep them on top, when they find themselves on a big map where ( god help them) they have to actually think they don't like it.

Let me tell you kids, your fast reactions will get worse with age (As I know only too well) so you'd better start learning to play in other ways.

Making a game that will please everyone is impossible, here is a game that pleases the majority only some of the time and so they complain.  It's the diversity in Ghosts that to me is it's greatest strength.

Level 20

Studios