Ghosts Myth: Campers

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Ghosts Myth: Campers

Granted, I've got just a little over 10 hours under my belt so far ... but I would really like to know what game the camper complainers are playing. Because I've done KC, TDM, and Domination and, frankly, I'm not seeing the massive amount of camping some people are claiming is out there.

While we're at it, where's all the quick scoping? I've seen more quick scopers than I have campers ... but there's not any more quick scopers in this game than there are in any COD.

So obviously we are playing two different games. I'm playing Call of Duty: Ghosts. What game are you guys playing? Because it ain't Ghosts.

"At the end of the match, there remains only ... nuttin 2 say."
Level 62
42 REPLIES

Re: Ghosts Myth: Campers

in reply to nuttin2say

ive been in a few lobbies where most of the other team camps but it doesn't bother me i get lots of knife kills cause i sneak up on campers a lot i think those who complain have accuracy issues i take care of campers pretty easily besides its not really a change from any other call of duty people just seem to be more cranky about it because i guess they have been wanting them to change things so that camping is harder lol those who complain just need to work on their aim and their reaction time you probably don't notice it because it doesn't bother you

Level 2

in reply to jagster79

I've experienced camping multiple times but it doesn't really bother me easier. It usually happens when an enemy dies at a particular location and you kill him in that same location. There tends to be two or three of his dead bodies in the exact same spot.

Level 4

in reply to jagster79

Finally!  Someone with some common sense!    "this friend I know" (lol) has a tendency to camp at times... I must admit that, as someone who does, I certainly prefer your attitude to those who complain all the time.  Someone knifes me, I sit back and say, well, I deserved that or d*mn they're good  or Eh, time to move anyway.  People like you make the game fun.  On the other hand, if someone sends me "Hate Mail," I think oh great, what a loser, get a life... Because someone who was that annoyed by my being here obviously has nothing better to do than send me these stupid messages.  Honestly, I just laugh.

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to LaDeDah

I once had a guy send me 7 messages because I had the entire Owens building locked down in freight. He even said "lol, you'll be good someday" or something like that. The funniest hate mail I got was from an entire enemy team all in one clan, after the game ended, I got 6 messages all saying "trash".

I mold my strategy to whatever map or gamemode I play, like in domination, I get half my camping kills off of people getting my flags. A bad camper relies on one spot the entire game and returns to it ASAP. A good camper changes the spot they sit in, and a master camper always has a backup plan. I kill bad campers all the time, usually the ones with terrible strategies and class setups.

Level 14

in reply to VECTORdude

Don't we all enjoy getting loads off "Fan" mail from well wishers'

Level 10

in reply to nuttin2say

Whats funny is that they return back too the same spot - total madness if you ask me.

Level 10

in reply to nuttin2say

You guys are right. What few campers there are keep going back to the same spot over and over and it is fun as all get out knifing them from behind.

"At the end of the match, there remains only ... nuttin 2 say."
Level 62

in reply to nuttin2say

The difficulty is that everyones definition around 'massive' is different.

I experience lag in about 1 game out of 20 and I've never considered it 'game-breaking'.  To me, this is an ok occurance, obviously I'd love for it never to be there but am not going to worry over that frequency.

For the next poster though, lag in 1 game out of 20 might be completely unacceptable ('massive' amounts) and post a thread slating the game.

Likewise, I've really not seen a lot of QSing, but there will be posters who, for them, 1 QS death is 1 too many and will post an annoyed message.  They will make it a big deal (as for them, it is) however for others, it will go by unnoticed.

The only way to truely know what a game is like is to try it for yourself.  Hope you carry on enjoying (assuming you are!)

Level 16

in reply to admunday

I haven't seen QS as a big deal either. I'll admit when I got all the snipers gold I QSed a lot in CQB. It was so easy. Often times when my clan has about 12 guys online we'll go into a private match and QS FFA for fun. It really is fun. I know a lot of people are gonna disagree with me and bash on me for this, but since QS my accuracy has skyrocketed. My skills with the marksman rifles are better. QS taught me exactly where center screen is and how to pay attention to hen a weapon is fully ADS before firing. If you fire before full ADS then you've got to compensate for recoil. I often get called a  cheater or hacker and told I have an aimbot because %75 of the time I can be shot from behind and immediately turnaround and have my sights fall directly on the enemy and kill them. I became very comfortable with a 12 sensitivity while QS as well. My accuracy remains around %22 and that's after getting all SMGs gold. I average %25 or higher with ARs.

A majority of the people who complain about QS don't realize that the same guy who might have ended your killstreak from 5 ft. with a sniper could've just as easily been a guy with a shotgun or rapid-fire SMG. Sometimes you just get outplayed.

Level 4

Studios