Ghosts Myth: Campers

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Re: Ghosts Myth: Campers

in reply to nuttin2say

I for one would really like to see the game these players are playing as well. I have yet to see a camper or quickscoper dominating a lobby because I have to yet to see either happening. The only thing campers do is slow down the game they aren't invincible though like everyone else is suggesting as for quickscopers in my opinion all other forms of sniping are still more deadlier then quickscoping. When a camper is dominating a lobby like everyone is suggesting I never get killed by them let alone see them so what's everyone else's excuse? Either avoid them or out smart them don't keep running where they are at unless you know they are distracted or another team mate is heading in their direction. Here's what I do to campers I bore them to death or I annoy them with explosives. As for quickscoping when lag isn't present drop shot them or strafe left to right it's so easy to do even a noob can do it.

Level 18

in reply to nuttin2say

@ DarkOne ... Oh, I am sooo loving hardscoping in this game. I've done well hardscoping in every COD, but in Ghosts? On the maps I deem conducive to sniping, I'm easily hitting 10 kills and less than 5 deaths. In fact, I've had several 10+ kills and 0 or 1 deaths.

@ NoLifeKing ... I think some of what is being called camping is simply a matter of players having too many options. I've seen a LOT of players unable to make up their minds as to what direction they want to go. They turn one direction stand there, then turn and run a few feet the other direction and stand there for a moment. They will do this several times. In a game we are quick to call that "camping," but outside of camping, if you saw someone doing that you'd say they look confused. I think that applies here - Many players are simply unable to decide what they want to do.

"At the end of the match, there remains only ... nuttin 2 say."
Level 62

in reply to nuttin2say

Call of Duty type sniping in this game is really easy but actual sniping in this game is finally a possibility which I love because now everyone can play instead of people who only use smgs and assault rifles.

Level 18

in reply to TheDarkOne123

I think the thing people forget in this game is... The act of Sniping itself in this game is pretty easy. You don't have to lead them, account for bullet drop... etc. You get your aim right, you are going to get the hit on target.

But being a sniper in these games can be tough. Good snipers not only have good aim, but awareness of their surroundings, where and how to setup, and the ability to react to adversity.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador
Highlighted

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

Exactly my point.

Level 18

in reply to nuttin2say

It's interesting that the style of play some people engage in since they decide to snipe is referred to as camping. Some of us prefer to work the map with a sniper rifle and hit multiple targets because believe it or not there is a heightened sense of accomplishment when a player is shot, gets upset and can't figure out where he was hit ( unlike in core with a kill cam). I, for one, like this game because it allows me the freedom to play in a position to support my squad. Everyone can't be a Rambo and run across the battlefield dodging round after round fired at them. We have rabbits (Rambo types), heavy gunners and snipers to round out our style of pal and we believe in defending a position on certain maps. I say if you have a problem because you lack the necessary skill to deal with this style of play, go back to playing Halo or just keep the whining to yourself.

Level 1

in reply to nuttin2say

Nah these camping kids are way too annoying. It's funny they think they're good too like it takes some kind of skill or something.

Level 1

in reply to LeGnZ

Let me help you out ... I'm one of those that believes there ARE people that are good at camping. Not many. In fact, extremely few. That's why I support those that choose to camp just as much as I support those who choose to run & gun or quick scope. Annoyance is not a reason to chase them away from the game. I'm sure you can look at any NFL team and you'll see players who were annoyed by something a lesser performing team does during a football game. Nonetheless, they don't demand the annoying players be kicked out of the league.

"At the end of the match, there remains only ... nuttin 2 say."
Level 62

in reply to nuttin2say

It was really bad on release but thats to be expected as people where a bit overwhelmed with the size/changes of the game! Don't get as much now but it's the same old COD community ethos- It wasnt the fact the other person is good/done well to kill me, it was lag/camping/they where using an "OP" weapon. . .

Level 6

in reply to nuttin2say

It's quite typical in the early days for people to moan about camping, as while people like myself are learning the maps we get picked off by people who know the best places to defend (note I didn't say camp!) and it can be frustrating - if you're ten. I do think the maps on ghosts have less protection for campers as there aren't many one or two entrance/exit spots.

Also, ultimate camper killer is the only thing possibly complained about more than camping in the history of CoD.

BREAK OUT THE TUUUUBBBBBEEEESSSS BABY!.

Level 1

Studios