Great Class- Any input for those struggling

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Highlighted

Re: Great Class- Any input for those struggling

in reply to SrgntMerkWorthy

Well not to toot my own horn but I am very very accurate, use a 18 sensitivity. I notice I am able to draw faster and beat 90% of people in a face to face altercation. I do find Stalker way more useful if you like to strafe between cover. I use the Remington with a front grip/extended mags with stalker and my KD on that weapon is a 3.08.

Level 2

in reply to jeremiahneral

Next to MSBS, Remington is my favorite.  Extended mags is a must though, only real down fall is the small clip.

Level 7

Last night I was running with this setup

FAD w/ RDS and Muzzle Flash Reduction (whatever that att. is called)

Marathon

Agility

Dead Silence

Quickdraw

Ready Up

PLayed nicely in Blitz, so I tried it in Dom - its great for flitting between flags, which kinda suits my ADHD approach to Dom

Level 31

in reply to Bielsalmighty

Will have to try that.  Have only picked the FAD up once or twice, and for some reason didn't click with it.  As far as stats go, for close to medium and even kinda long range, it is by far the best ( as far as stats go).  I will try that set up, as I need a good quick run and gun class.  My MTAR class is kinda similar to that but with the obvious shorter range.

Level 7

Eh, use whatever gun works best for you. I just find thats a pretty mean perk combo for staying mobile - you can pull up and shoot quickly, your fast as hell with perma-sprint and Dead Silence means your less likely to sound like a herd of stampeding elephants to the enemy team, many wont even hear you coming

Level 31

If you're having trouble and you need a great all around choice for AR's, then definatley go for the ARX. The honey badger is good but the damage and range are lower than the ARX. Slap grip and silncer or a site etc. and you're good to go. A very easy to use AR with decent damage.

Level 48

You have a good class set up here.  In my circles we call it a supprot marksman build.  Generally it's a setup using a higher damage semiauto weapon to fight at mid range using straffing with the stalker perk.  Your set up quite good and you have the correct perks for it with agility, stalker, and ready up.  Focus some players who run these builds swear by, myself I don't use it all that often.  You are looking at a midrange speed accuracy build.  Your other perks are optional as well, but the build is a little open ended so if they are working for you stick with them.  Quickdraw, sleight of hand, extra attachment, and marathon would all be worthy perks to consider if you are looking for something else.

Equipment wise it comes down to how mobile you want to play and how badly you need extra slots for perks. I would go with C4 or maybe a throwing knife if you intend to be mobile, an IED if you want to camp or play objective modes. Tacticals run about the same, flash 9's or trophy systems would be your best bet.  But, you could leave the slot free for a perk.

Your weapon is suited well enough for the role, but you might be better off changing it to an assult rifle.  The Ak-12 or the FAD with the same optic and the single shot mod would suit the mobile version of your build better.  The single shot mod turns the assult rifles into 2 hit kill at closer ranges out to about 22 meters.  You would lose about 35% of your range and drop to a 4 shot kill outside of 45 meters. However, you pick up another 200RPM fire cap, go from a .35 second ads to a .3 second ads and get another 10 to 20 bullets in a magazine. The assult rifles also move slightly faster while strafing with stalker.  It might be worth considering over a marksman rifle.

The only other advice I might give you is to consider running a pistol.  A lot of players are learning how to make the rushing buils work now and a set of akimbo graches have saved my but on more than one occaions.  You might also consider the support kill streak option, as it would allow you to eliminate hardline from your load out.  You take what you want from this advice.  Everyone has different preferences and playstyles.  Good luck to you.

Level 10

in reply to darkrangeresp
Great advice. I have currently been using the AK-12 and FAD for my mobile build. I usually use the silencer and RDS or extended mags mods. I have yet to try the single shot mod tho. Are you referring to the semi-auto mod or the muzzle break?  As for perks, I am currently using Quickdraw, Stalker (must-have), Off-the-grid, and the take wep out faster after sprinting (forget the name) perk. I may give up Quickdraw for something else if there really isn't much difference after changing the wep's mods.   Also, what are your thoughts on the Remington for the same kind of build?  I am also going to try Support instead of Assault now. I am just trying different things to see what works and have yet to really get comfortable, which could just be lack of playing time, but still.
Level 1

in reply to FRANK_WHITE24

AK-12 with muzzle break and handle is beast.  For three attachments the next would be a sight, though the irons aren't terrible.

Level 7

Studios