The game is not fine, have you even been playing the same fucking game?
Not so much the KD but rather the gaming experience that has led to this kd.
Felt somewhat the same but this POV has changed. Here's why;
"Here's what works for old gallp in TDM and Cranked (still working the rest out)
1. ADS lots you die fast in this game and first couple of hits almost always wins. (Stalker is critical to stay mobile in gun fights)
2. If you are a great aim use focus to reduce flinch and stay on target. If you can't aim straffing is your friend, move on the diagonal and spray if you get in trouble.
4. Don't run around like a squirrel on speed its ways to hard to check every corner there are just too many. Pick a zone with good traffic and lock it down. Use natural map barriers and traps to funnel players to you. Use unsuppressed gun fire as bait to attract targets.
5. MInimise your flanks and stick to the edges until you really really know your routes and even then play defensively there are too many routes to cover when mobile.
6. Experiment with guns - I'm loving the AK with muzzle break for range and to attract plays to my zone. Saves running around getting killed and finding no one on these big maps.
7. Stay frosty don't get mad - madness leads to anger, anger leads to the dark side
8. Most important, if yo are legal age enjoy a blood good red. Old gallp has the cellar ready for the season and it contains some beauties. Tonight's trade is a 1998 Wyn Coonawarra Cab Sav....many know this is a gallp standard."
Perhaps something here will be helpful. Notwithstanding guns will be tweaked...they always are
Yours in Cod
it was nowhere near 15 shots... 4-5 hits to die seems reasonable. otherwise thats what hardcore is for if you feel you are unable to be consistent enough with your weapon to pull off 4-5 hits.
These are the only problems I see with the guns in Ghosts:
1. Assault riffles have seemingly faster pull up then SMG's and it should be the other way around. You stand a high chance in a pull up duel that the assault will win even when you run Quick draw+ Ready up.
2. Assault rifles eclipse the range of Marksmen riffles. They completely dump on them unless you run the burst attachment and you 1 hit them. No Assault really suffers from any draw back.
3. MSBS is OP because of bullet mag and aim assist. You can mimic it's 1 shot with the MR and the IA-U at greater ranges (1 shot falls off around the long distance shot marker).
4. Honey Badger has no draw back to it being silence... I mean its what the MTAR should be but with a silencer and way more accurate.
5. SMG's seem fine except for the pull up thing. The Vepr is prolly the best one so far.
6. The Sniper riffles have way to much bullet mag and aim assist. They also scope a bit to fast. There has been so many times a sniper came no where near shooting me and still killed me. I'd chalk it up to lag but no other gun kills me the same way except some cases of the MSBS.
7. Shotguns. Someone tell me how the slug reticule works that's all I need.
8. Haven't tested the LMG's
9. Launchers, can we have more
10. Pistols suck just three attach you don't need them.
I agree, the guns in this game need revision. Especially the Shotguns. My TAC 12 has Slug, Muzzle Break, and Red Dot Sight and i get hit-markers from Point Blank Range. Please Infinity Ward, keep your legacy of great games going by fixing these broken links.
I haven't used any of the shotguns yet and honestly I haven't felt the need to. A lot of close quarters areas like in sovereign and freight where I figured I would be getting frustrated by getting blasted by shotguns and just dying instantly I have yet to see a shotgun. Whether you were being sincere or not in your statement, this could be the reason I have, since launch, only seen about 3-4 people using shotguns.