Hacked lobby = dead game

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Hacked lobby = dead game

On Monday I entered a public Dom lobby (via the usual Find a game route). The game started seemed normal then leveling went crazy, people under the map killing. I left....but it was too late. Lvl increased to 60 from 15.

Activision's pathetic reply.

'If your stats are boosted by a hacker there is nothing we can do. Activision will not reset your stats. Please note that knowingly entering a hacked server may be grounds for a ban. To avoid this, make sure you do not accept game invites from people you do not know or trust.'

It wasn't an invited game...normal public. Tried so many times to contact them but alas nothing.

Some dedicated servers might have help stop this.....and why the hell can't they reset if they can't who can? Just lazy, plain bullsh*t

Anyway my game is now unplayable....I get a squad point every 2 seconds....sound and screen text. Completely distracting and impossible to have just one game of fun.  With all the squad points its like putting a game in and going straight to the boss and game done!

Shame i was actually enjoying the game and now its f***ed!

The quickest selling game of all time and its publicly modded in less than a week......shameless.

Then there is the abuse in every lobby i enter....not my fault but i don't blame them.

£40 quid pi**ed away......

I have 8 unopened copies for family Christmas presents (a boxing day family match we have most years). Should i just return them and find an alternative or will the hacking be resolved by then?

Level 1
22 REPLIES

Re: Hacked lobby = dead game

in reply to Fairbrit

i agree that hacking is unacceptable but they are investigating these stupid infected lobbies I can assure you this will be resolved just be patient my friend I know it is hard and I really feel for you, I will update you if I hear any glimmer of news and I am sorry to hear your frustration.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to DaleksGamertag

Cheers! I only got the copies last Friday so I have a few weeks to return them. I hope they fix it!

Level 1

in reply to Fairbrit

No problem mate.

Activision Ambassador

I Was 330th in the world this morning on the domination leader board legitimately. A lot of time and effort had gone in to this. Then I found myself in a hacked lobby and before I could realise I had already got a kill and gone straight from 3rd prestige 39 to 3rd prestige 60.  I had also recieved a extra 1 million score to my profile I hope because this was completely accidental I hope they will not reset my stats after all my effort. Will they having seen this ?

Level 1

in reply to TOM97LFC

Well I doubt they are checking tbh. They cant even reset on a request. you more likely to get a ban... which is nice of them

Level 1

in reply to Fairbrit

Its annoying they couldn't be more communicative. I would hope that they are currently investigating as to who was in on this and who just got caught up, and would subsequently offer resets.

It saddens me that there are kids out there who just need to be max prestige soooooooo badly. I mean, its not an obvious sign of cheating or anything when you see someone with a max prestige rank and only about a day played... *facepalm*

Level 31

in reply to Bielsalmighty

I hope they fix that fast I have seen at least 100 high ranks which were so obvious that they were hacked it made me burst into laughter of their obvious and childlike stupidity, Who on earth plays a video game to only boost or hack their way up? I will tell you who people who throw their money down the drain cheating your way up in ranks and stats removes a key purpose in Call of Duty all I can say is that they are stupid idiots! Thankfully I report them all and it is a only a matter of time till they get the reset/banhammer!

Activision Ambassador

Indeed. I have a friend who's no-lifed the game pretty hard since launch (he missed a couple of days mind you) and he's only up to 3rd prestige.

Soon there'll be an influx of children whining that they were reset for no reason and that they'll be jumping ship to playstation, even though that'd just mean more money for Activision and IW lmao

Level 31

Well consider this. How many kids are stupid enough to play with fire ?

Even though I spent time burning army men I still took precaution that it wouldnt spread.

Level 72

Studios