Hardcore Free For All?

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Re: Hardcore Free For All?

in reply to Enrique_Boldano

If domination is a horrible mode then why is it the SECOND most popular next to TDM?

Simply put it comes down to numbers. HCFFA had around 2,000 people playing it at any given time. HCDOM has around 20,000 people playing it at any given time. Pretty simple math. Just as HC S&D only had around 4,000 people playing HCKC now has 15,000 people playing it.

Not too hard to figure out.

Level 34

in reply to propipe

I understand the numbers. But if you tell me that at $60 a game where they sell millions hand over fist they can't throw a few servers at HC FFA? I'll tell you F the man.

Level 1

I'll be honest... before HCFFA, I want HC Blitz.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

in reply to RAN Kismet

Hc blitz= people camping and getting their lean kills.

Level 1

I feel like the majority of people that play hardcore are 12. Plus you sound like you're twelve. Are gun fights too hard for you in regular? Search and Destroy along with Domination are the game types that take the most skill in this game. I'm assuming you struggle in those game modes. I'm also assuming you struggle when it takes more than one shot to kill someone.

Honestly, just thinking about Hardcore Free for All makes me want to puke. However, I don't see a problem with them adding it. That is after they've added game types that aren't designed for 12 year olds that can't win gun fights (i.e. CTF, Hardpoint, and/or Headquarters.)

Level 5

in reply to iTzSurreal

iTzSurreal wrote:

I feel like the majority of people that play hardcore are 12. Plus you sound like you're twelve. Are gun fights too hard for you in regular? Search and Destroy along with Domination are the game types that take the most skill in this game. I'm assuming you struggle in those game modes. I'm also assuming you struggle when it takes more than one shot to kill someone.

Honestly, just thinking about Hardcore Free for All makes me want to puke. However, I don't see a problem with them adding it. That is after they've added game types that aren't designed for 12 year olds that can't win gun fights (i.e. CTF, Hardpoint, and/or Headquarters.)

Most people who play hardcore do it to get away from the call of duty BS that has been around for years. Quick-scoping, drop-shotting, halo-jumping etc. since most of that crap never happens in hardcore. Also, despite popular belief, there has traditionally been less camping in hardcore than in core due to the fact that there's no mini-map.

Plus, in hardcore, if you shoot somebody they die. There's none of that empty your gun into somebody's back just to have them turn and derp you to death with some weak-ass pistol crap.
And, as we all know, most 12 year olds that play CoD love quick-scoping, drop-shotting, halo-jumping etc so they aren't fans of hardcore.

Level 5

in reply to captain_howdy69

You have a point with quick scoping. Camping, however, is just as prevalent in hardcore. I'm not saying it's more prevalent, but it plagues hardcore as it does core. It's just most annoying in hardcore because you can't turn on and out shoot campers.

Honestly, in my experience, people that complain about halo-jumping and drop-shotting are those that lack gun skill. It's not just 12-year-olds that love those things. Watch any pro stream and you will see plenty of drop-shotting/Halo-jumping. Strafing in Halo was one of the biggest skill factors. Movement (jumping/strafing) was one of the things that made Halo take skill, and Halo remains the most skilled FPS on consoles to date (At least Halos 1-3). Drop-shotting/halo-jumping are CoD's version of strafing (well, now Stalker exists so actual strafing is viable.) Drop-shotting and jump-shotting are just factors that add into skill in gunfights. If you have semi-decent aim, drop-shotters and halo-jumpers aren't hard to take care of.

Level 5

AMEN brother preach it

I endorse this fellow gamers statement WHOLE HEARTEDLY and the other guy is an idiot with an opinion in my opinion.

GAME OVER

Level 2
Highlighted

I say bring the quick scoping, drop shots and halo jumps to HC FFA and see how it plays. It didn't fare too well in MW3. I just want a FFA mode that rewards the player who hits the other first. You can't drop shot if you're already dead.

Level 1

That comment made absolutely no sense at all.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

Studios