Headshots Completely Missing on Standstill Enemies

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Headshots Completely Missing on Standstill Enemies

I have been a sniper for long enough now (since MW2) to know that what has been happening to me lately is DEFINITELY an issue with Ghosts alone. Somehow - and I really don't know how - it has been 3 games straight today with different players (though this has happened to me during the week), where I fire at someone who is camping and no matter what I try, when I attempt to get a headshot, the bullet does not hit them. I can try over and over and the bullets just won't f***ing hit them. I would understand if this were a connection problem, but it isn't. If the players were moving when I was firing, I would shut up. But it almost seems like some problem is making some of the sniper rifles pretty damn useless. This only started happening maybe about 4 days ago. I just can pinpoint what it could be. If someone else is having the same problem, your thoughts would be appreciated.

This is my set up:

USR with Ready Up, Sleight of Hand, On the Go, Steady Aim, Quickdraw, and Focus. No attachments equipped on my USR, and no Secondary or Lethals/Tacticals.

Lynx and/or VKS with EXACTLY the same set up.

To add a thought. It seems to happen specifically when the enemy is crouched behind something, and even though their head is completely out, I can't get a shot, no matter what I try.

Level 12
29 REPLIES

Re: Headshots Completely Missing on Standstill Enemies

in reply to thaesino

try using Thermal Scope and Armor Piercing seems to make the USR pin point in on it but i tried using my class which runs the same set up and it was as if the sway had increased because just after the update my USR dropped from a 55% hit ratio and has been missing more then usual

Level 1

in reply to LE3TGAM3R2

I'm going to try, because it's seriously getting on my nerves. It happened today again in one of the matches, and the other team completely sucked, but even though I got a high kill count, I was killed a bunch of times due to the same stupid thing. It forces me to snipe, and then run for cover elsewhere because I just revealed my location without a kill to show for it.

Level 12

in reply to thaesino

stop complaining! Sniper rifles are OP since MW2

Level 1

in reply to therealspecialo

If by "OP" you actually mean to be whining about Quick Scoping, then that doesn't belong in this conversation. We're trying to keep it civilized. Sniper rifles cannot actually be OPed because honestly, getting shot by a sniper rifle in real life would kill you.

I get that the game's physics aren't fair when it comes to Quick Scoping, but I'm talking about patiently crouching or going prone here, and taking the time to hold your breath and making sure the target is being caught by surprise, and STILL missing, regardless of all this with a SR that is supposedly the best in Accuracy ratings from its class.

Now... if you want to talk about overpowered. Here's what I have to say. Since MW2, SRs have never killed someone when hitting below the waist (unless they were already hurt) or when hitting their arms. Again... and this is VERY important. If they are already hurt, even sniping the tip of their foot will kill them.

I'm pointing this out because I recently read about someone whining in another post about how sniper shots are killing people by just hitting their legs and how they're so OPed, when the person probably just didn't realize that they were hurt already from either jumping or from another shot.

Even if you were just hit by a 9-Bang... you HAVE BEEN HURT and ONE SHOT from a SR will most definitely kill you, no matter where it hits.

Level 12

in reply to thaesino

If you are crouched or prone why are you using QuickDraw, ready up, and on the go?

Activision Ambassador

in reply to gotsomestars

Because I am obviously not always crouched or prone. What kind of a question is this, man?

I like to snipe, in the traditional way, but I also like to Quick Scope.

My problem; however, only persists when I am sniping in the traditional sense, as I am obviously not going to blame the mechanics for not being an amazing Quick Scoper. In that sense, I take responsibility for sucking here and there.

Level 12

in reply to LE3TGAM3R2

I tried the Thermal Scope and Armor Piercing with both the VKS and the USR.

Ran into the same problem regardless, after a while.

It happened while I was trying to hit someone hiding in the broken up two-story house in Stonehaven. And it happened in Strikezone while I was trying to hit someone hiding by the dining booths in the restaurant. You know... the place where campers like to crouch behind those boxes and poke their little head out.

I have a feeling that the last one may have something to do with a separate problem, though. As I have always had problems hitting people on their face with a sniper rifle, when they are poking their head out of a wall, window, or other object. Such as people who poke their head from behind the water wheel in Whiteout.

Level 12

in reply to thaesino

Just a thought, and don't take this the wrong way, but sometimes I shoot at team mates if their name isn't displayed and curse the fact they won't die...

Only to laugh when their name does finally appear, and cry for my wasted rounds...

Usually when they are behind cover or camping...

This may not be the case for you of course...

Level 13

in reply to ooOutraageousoo

I WISH this was the case. Because then at least I can blame myself and know that I was just being dumb. Unfortunately, it isn't. And that's what really sucks.

Level 12

Studios