Help? I'm getting a callus on my finger from Xbox controller.

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Help? I'm getting a callus on my finger from Xbox controller.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? My middle finger (where it rubs and pushes on the back of the controller) is getting a large bump (callus) on it. I'm assuming it's from me holding it too tightly or something. I also have really small hands, not sure.

ANYWHO, does anyone know of there are any type of controller mods/grips I can buy to put on the back of my controller to make it more comfortable? TIA

Level 1
13 REPLIES

Re: Help? I'm getting a callus on my finger from Xbox controller.

in reply to oVenomousVixen

I don't know about Mods, but you can get sticky foam to place over the areas you are having trouble with.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

Does it hurt to use your finger? If so it might be a water blister but if not it is probably a callus.

Level 15

Yep. I've had mine since CoD4 . Its from sprinting. Left hand, middle finger on the index finger side. Mine isn't a callus anymore, its a muscle .

Level 75
Highlighted

Strictly out of curiosity, how much do you play a day? or even a week?

Level 32

Ever think that it isn't a callus and that you may be growing an extra digit to help control the controller .

There are so many things that have adhesive that are cushioned you could just buy and stick it to the back of the controller. You could use band aids , heat insulation tape is a cushion type of tape. There is also Velcro then you could apply just about any type of surface. Mole skin that they use for blisters has adhesive on it and it is also cushioned check around the band aid section in the store .

Level 75

in reply to MindSpazms

To be honest on this rather odd discussion, I don't think any cushioning would help because its the pressure of your left thumb pushing down the LS button. That knuckle of the middle finger is pinching it and holding the controller up. The pressure is still there, its not rubbing up against it or any friction involved.

The real solution is to reposition your fingers so the tips are holding up the bottom of the controller. But I think we all know how difficult it is to change our grip on a controller. I'ld imagine anyone that doesn't suffer from this ailment holds the controller differently, or possibly doesn't push the LS button down sooo hard.

oVenomousVixen ..I have big hands so it might not have anything to do with size but rather how you grip the bottom of the controller. In case you're wondering.......I have a PHD in controller configuration.

snjppeu.gif

Level 75

I've never received a blister while playing video games.

I've gotten blisters from working though.

A callus (or callosity) is a toughened area of skin which has become relatively thick and hard in response to repeated friction, pressure, or other irritation.

A blister is a small pocket of fluid within the upper layers of the skin, typically caused by forceful rubbing (friction), burning, freezing, chemical exposure or infection

Level 7

I think there are some small controllers available to buy.

Level 18

http://www.toysrus.com/buy/controllers/mini-pro-ex-wired-controller-for-xbox-360-green-cpfa010027-01...

these are pretty small compared the original one. My kid uses one like this

Level 1

Studios