Highest population? 360 or One?

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Highest population? 360 or One?

So obviously most people are getting Ghosts for the 360 on the 5th when it's released, but I'm wondering how many people are actually going to be switching to the One when that comes out.

I work at a GameStop in a pretty shitty area, and our preorders are like 4 One's compared to like 40 PS4's, and I'm not getting a One because $500 bucks for better graphics and sound is a waste of money to me (as I'd only be upgrading to play on the One). What I'm kind of worried about is if the 360 population will go way down when the one comes out because I always like playing on the system that has the most population.

What are your thoughts on this?

Also, does anyone know how the game plays on the 360 at all? If it runs anything shy of the 60fps and/or plays how BF3 plays on consoles right now then there is no way in hell I'm playing it for the 360. I just hope it runs as smooth as it always does and I think it will hopefully.

Level 1
39 REPLIES

Re: Highest population? 360 or One?

in reply to brandon58dt1

ill be playing on the 360 , probably for the next year, just dont have the scratch to buy the xbone. I think the population will be very high untill the xbone comes out, since you can just switch over.  so as everyone who is getting a xbone waits they can still play ghosts on 360, but when the xbone comes out, those players will switch over. i think you only have to pay 9.99 to switch the game over.  so im thinking many of those people getting xbone will still get ghosts for the 360 when it comes out,  then pay the 9.99 to switch it over to xbone , when its released.

Level 11

in reply to brandon58dt1

There will be twice as many on 360 than Xbox One according to preorder numbers from vgchartz.

576,292 preordered for 360, 289,729 for Xbox One.

These numbers may be deceptive though as some people will get the 360 version and then trade up to the Xbox One version when it comes out.

*ETA: I don't think people are buying an Xbox One just for COD: Ghosts. From what Ive seen, the 360 version will be identical, just with inferior graphics.

Level 8

in reply to brandon58dt1

Yeah its only graphics at the moment on the one, but very soon from what ive heard there will be dedicated servers for the xbox one and every gamer knows what a huge online advantage that will be for a lot less wtf moments!! ...Poor ps4 players, theyre very missinformed. I will always go xbox micrisoft, their online service is ten times better. Triggers instead of buttons helps too on the controllers!

The 360 version will run at 60 fps. The graphics will be a massive differenxe if youve got an eye fir detail but the huge leap forward will take time for devs to suss the hardware

Level 16

in reply to RUSTY GUN

The only one misinformed is you. First, dedicated servers won't stop lag.  Second they are coming to all platforms, not just xbone. Also , I'm not sure what you mean by triggers are better than buttons, both have triggers.

Almost everything you said was wrong.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to gotsomestars

You shouldn't strut your fanboyism that obviously.

Level 1

in reply to brandon58dt1

Correct me if i am wrong but i could have sworn that they said it wouldnt matter if you have a 360 or a One and that everyone would still be playing together regardless. All it is, is a new system like the white arcade to the elite to the slim. Even though the consoles have changed, the network you play on stays the same.

I really dont understand what the difference is with the population for one or the other.

Level 37
Highlighted

in reply to KT Phoenix

That's incorrect. 360 players play againts 360 players and XB1 vs XB1. From what I read, on Clan Wars, you can have members from both consoles on the clan. if your 360 clan earns XP point for a match, it benefits the "whole' clan.

Level 19

in reply to PUR4IDO

In that case, i can see a big failure with the that whole system. Why on earth would they separate the networks? That means less people to play against. I dont know about anyone else but i dont want to keep getting thrown into the same lobby constantly and play against the same people all the time.

Level 37

in reply to KT Phoenix

Really? Considering that there is only a 3000 Pre Order difference between the PS3 & PS4 versions of Ghosts, finding a match shouldn't be a problem on either console. You can always buy a PS4. It was announced in June; saving a $436 is really not that a big of deal. Just need to sacrifice a few things. In my case, my GF dumped me. Turned out to be great. Now I have a PS4 & an XB1. Sacrifices had to be made. Seriously, keep in mind that there are ppl who have not pre ordered the game and will probably buy at release day or the Holidays. Numbers will go up. after Xmas.The influx of new players was seen immediately after on the 25th of December.

Level 19

Studios